Thread: Lee Towers, I Got Some News About Cameo

-

Default Lee Towers, I Got Some News About Cameo

I remember you asked me about r&b funk group Cameo before and I wanted to tell you that I got some sad news that I saw on Nathan Leftenant's Facebook page. Nathan used to be a member of Cameo and he posted on his Facebook page that he don't perform with them anymore because Larry Blackmon who's the leader has gotten all the publishing for their songs which means he gets a lot of money than the other group members. So Nathan said that him and some other guys that used to be with Cameo have formed a group and they do concerts. Tomi Jenkins and Charlie Singleton are the few members who perform with Larry and some other guys when they do concerts. I was sad to hear this because Larry is wrong for doing Nathan and the other original members like that. They deserve to get paid just as much as Larry because they made Cameo a success. Just because Larry is the leader of the group don't make it ok to shit on the other guys when it comes to money. He's basically letting the other guys know who don't perform with him that he's in charge since he's the leader and he should get the majority of the money. That's wrong and he can cause guys to hate him for that. I started to wonder why did several guys leave Cameo in the early 80's because they used to have 10 guys. Look at their Feel Me and Cameosis album covers and you'll see what I'm talking about. When Alligator Woman album came out in 1982, they only had 5 guys in the album picture on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

yeah that's a shame, they should have stuck together
    Retired.

-

Check out their videos Shake Your Pants, Flirt, Be Yourself, She's Strange, Attack Me With Your Love, Single Life, Word Up, Candy, Back And Forth, Don't Be Lonely, Skin I'm In and Slide(Slave did this first and they're from my hometown state Ohio but they're from Dayton. I love their classic jams Just A Touch Of Love and Watching You. Steve Arrington who's the lead singer is good.). Rappers 2Pac and Treach of Naughty By Nature sampled Cameo's Sparkle on Loyal To The Game song on Above The Rim soundtrack and rapper Willie D of Geto Boys sampled Sparkle on Gone Too Soon song on Unbreakable album. Rapper DJ Quik sampled Cameo's I Just Want To Be on Quik Is The Name song and he did a video for that.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

-

Lee Towers if you saw Cameo's Shake Your Pants video, you would laugh because of their gay clothes hahahahahahahahahaha. Check Two posted their Cameosis album cover once on here and he was laughing at their clothes hahahahahahahahahaha. I do like the album cover though. Feel Me album cover is nice and that album came out the same year as Cameosis which is 1980. Feel Me is better than Cameosis. One of their group members named Wayne Cooper died young in 1984 at 29 because he had aids. He was gay LOL.