Thread: Machine Empathy

Default Machine Empathy

My girlfriend and I were watching a video with these robot errand dogs from BostonDynamics

I can't find the exact video because I'm working, but in one of them they wanted to display how it could stand up by kicking it till it feel. Then she said 'aww' which I found strange because you wouldn't say 'aww' to a toaster or laptop getting kicked.

And frankly, the scene was kinda fucked up lol. There's talk about making machines that empathize with humans or the risk of machines with intelligence and no real empathy, but what about humans having empathy for machines?

Is that shit going to be a 'thing'?

Found one, I guess they regularly ether their robots.
    Does anyone else 'feel bad' for this robot getting sonned with a hockey stick?

Banned

It's probably this one. Lots of people felt the same I remember the reactions at the time being 'aw that's cruel'

Empathy for machines will probably happen. For the leader of the animals humans are pretty pussy.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

It's not that exact video but that's basically it lol. Even if I wasn't a PUSSY CUCK LIBERAL there's something kinda fucked up about that. If machine have advanced to the point that empathy for them is possible it opens a whole new can of worms. Humans have their entire existence rested on feeling special.