Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prodigy - My Infamous Life wrong release date Infamy Album

well a verbal agreement over that much money was pretty stupid. thats unfortunate though

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousThoro View Post
    He explains that he started eating healthy while he was working on H.N.I.C album. So this must've been around 1999. He stopped having sickle-cell attacks and was clean and sober (yes not even alcohol and drugs) In this time he also got a big budget for his movie 'Murda Muzik'.

The director of that movie was Lawrence Evan Page in the book known as Larry. Prodigy and Larry had a verbal agreement how they would split the money. When the movie was halfway done the verbal agreement should've gone into a contract. Butt Larry refused. He wanted more money. Larry had all the film material and Prodigy already spent 300k of his own money in the project.

I quote: ''Three hundred thousand of my own money and this dude was refusing to finish filming and withholding my film reels until i agreed to his terms or at least came close. I asked Hav (Havoc) for a cigarette.

That cigarette turned into Hennessy and pounds of weed. He was back on his destructive lifestyle again.

In the book he states that because he was spiritually not in the right place his lyrics became very lazy and sloppy on the Infamy album. Although he didn't see it at that time. He was arrogant and thought that whatever he wrote to a beat was hot.

So that is basically the downfall of Prodigy. It's not the Jay-Z bullshit, Prodigy fell of before Takeover hit the streets. It just happens to be a perfect timing from Jay-Z to start a beef with Prodigy after E-money bags got killed (16 July 2001), had a fall out with Larry about the movie and started eating unhealthy and using alcohol and drugs again.

In my eyes he never recovered and even his voice didn't recover from all this. Very sad indeed.
    LOL why are Prodigy Fans still denying the Jay-Z Murdering of this man. Jay-Z threw this nigga off a cliff. I'm a huge Mobb Fan but Jay-Z got him the fuck outta here.

The ABBOTT

^
    Yes Jay-z went at prodigy hard and you can't deny he did a good job. But it does not explain the complete flow change and sudden drop off. Just because Jay-Z disses you, all of a sudden you are shell of what you were. It doesn't add up, that's all, there has to be more to the story.

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue Nose Kid View Post
    The wording of this thread title hurts my brain.

I agree

Peace CT

+1 ^

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue Nose Kid View Post
    The wording of this thread title hurts my brain.
    Yeah you right man. I can't change the title unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    LOL why are Prodigy Fans still denying the Jay-Z Murdering of this man. Jay-Z threw this nigga off a cliff. I'm a huge Mobb Fan but Jay-Z got him the fuck outta here.
    Nah I'm not denying that. I'm just saying that Prodigy fell of before the Jay-Z beef.

PRODIGAL SUN

Product of the 80's is the best release from him in recent times, nothing but love for Bandana P though, he gave me my first car for free back in the day, I'm a have to get him memorialized with a tattoo

Quote Originally Posted by Holocaust View Post
    Product of the 80's is the best release from him in recent times, nothing but love for Bandana P though, he gave me my first car for free back in the day, I'm a have to get him memorialized with a tattoo
    Tell us the car story
    Retired.

The ABBOTT

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    Tell us the car story
    Was it a black Ford excursion?