Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: THE WUKI PACK - 2 years on.....

Default THE WUKI PACK - 2 years on.....

What are your thoughts on this huge bounty of Wu-ness now that we’ve had it for around 2 years or so…?

Personally, the only real gems in there that I listen to on a regular basis are the Sunz of Man tracks, the Priest tracks and the Gravediggaz/Shabazz joints.

Those Sunz of Man tracks are ridiculous, especially the House of Steel track. I’ve been bangin’ a playlist of all the old Sunz tracks from 95/96 and shit is craaaazy!!4th Disciple is a beast!!

The Priest tracks from the Heavy Mental era are dope too; Day of The Prophets is a classic!

Those Gravediggaz tracks though… HOLY SHIT!! How did these not get released officially?!!!If they put these tracks on Nightmare In A-Minor and took off a couple of the duds, that album would be a certified classic!!As it stands it is a solid album, but with these tracks added it could have been a classic!

The Save Yourself track with Poetic and Bazz going back and forth is ill!!

I also listen to the 4th Disciple stuff too, not as regular though. That One Man album is mad underrated.And that Rugged Intellect album has got some banga’s too!!

The only other tracks I tend to listen to is that Purple Hearts track with Black Knights and Holo and a couple of the Ringz joints. That Fuck Americcca instrumental is INSANE!!!

What do you guys think of the Wuki pack…? What stuff were the real gems for you…?What tracks do you keep going back to…?

Peace!

I thought most of it was forgettable trash the
    Glad I got the torrent from piratebay
    Yeah, yeah I'm part of the problem and why ouatis was sold to Michael Jackson nose kid, etc
    Fuck it

Having 36 chambers instrumentals is key for me.. and Ringz instrumentals which I bump in the background pretty often.

Cool to have

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pattch82 View Post
    What are your thoughts on this huge bounty of Wu-ness now that we’ve had it for around 2 years or so…?

Personally, the only real gems in there that I listen to on a regular basis are the Sunz of Man tracks, the Priest tracks and the Gravediggaz/Shabazz joints.

Those Sunz of Man tracks are ridiculous, especially the House of Steel track. I’ve been bangin’ a playlist of all the old Sunz tracks from 95/96 and shit is craaaazy!!4th Disciple is a beast!!

The Priest tracks from the Heavy Mental era are dope too; Day of The Prophets is a classic!

Those Gravediggaz tracks though… HOLY SHIT!! How did these not get released officially?!!!If they put these tracks on Nightmare In A-Minor and took off a couple of the duds, that album would be a certified classic!!As it stands it is a solid album, but with these tracks added it could have been a classic!

The Save Yourself track with Poetic and Bazz going back and forth is ill!!

I also listen to the 4th Disciple stuff too, not as regular though. That One Man album is mad underrated.And that Rugged Intellect album has got some banga’s too!!

The only other tracks I tend to listen to is that Purple Hearts track with Black Knights and Holo and a couple of the Ringz joints. That Fuck Americcca instrumental is INSANE!!!

What do you guys think of the Wuki pack…? What stuff were the real gems for you…?What tracks do you keep going back to…?

Peace!
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Simon Hurt View Post
    Yeah, yeah I'm part of the problem and why ouatis was sold to Michael Jackson nose kid, etc
    Fuck it
    This

^ my thoughts too

I play Hostile Takeover by Shogun Assasson every once in a while, thats about it

I've had the One Man album and other Shogun tracks for years so that doesn't count

gravediggaz - radiation been on rotation constantly. Priest and sunz tracks are superdope too. Two favourite tracks for me at the moment are radiation and 40s & bluntz.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Simon Hurt View Post
    Fuck it
    Lol this

I never got to hear it in its entirety. But I enjoyed the Sunz of Man tracks, and RZA instrumentals quite a bit.

I have never regretted buying this package. Im glad people got to hear this wether they paid or downloaded it.

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Definitely a great experiment. Seems many weren't as excited about it as I thought they'd be. There were lots of great demos, instrumentals, lost beats etc. But hey, that just goes to show ya. Lots of screaming goes on, but in the end, it's just screaming.

the novelty of hearing old unreleased ish was cool, but almost none had the sound quality to wanna keep in rotation

I'm not sure what this experiment was supposed to prove. You released a collection of demos instrumentals and tracks that had been already heavily bootlegged and circulating on the internet for years and expected people to pay for a collection of MP3s many of which were not even yours. So what was the experiment? To see weather at best a hundred or so people on a forum would pay for a bunch of MP3's and you didn't even give them a tracklisting beforehand? So is the experiment to see how many people would blindly give you money? Please clarify this for me. Because the whole Theory that the lack of sales on this path proves that no one would have bought the Once Upon a Time in Shaolin album doesn't really correlate to me. That's like saying that an experiment that proves that scrambled eggs cooked in zero gravity taste like shit means that humans should never go out into space ever.

doesn't it seem like he tries to associate some holier than thou motive to everything he does - and wonder why he catches so much flak on here
    like selling other artists art for personal gain is some great experiment to prove something about 'screaming' wu tang fans, who didn't even know what they were getting

There was a full tracklist posted of everything included in the Wuki pack. It was posted by DJ Wuki himself when he was trying to sell the pack on here. I still have the original pic/tracklist that he upped.

And a lot of the stuff in the Wuki pack had never been online before, otherwise no one would have paid for it.

Peace!