Thread: White Water Rafting is serious awesome fun

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

Default White Water Rafting is serious awesome fun

I went on a camping vacation for a week at mary Smith campgrounds in Shasta County. We planned to go rafting on day 2.

Went to trinity river and used this site trinityriverrafting.com

Awesome experience, all of us were first timers.

Our guide Mario was great he even gave us a full day, I bought the half day package.

We stopped at every rock to jump off 20ft, 30ft, 40ft, went panning for gold and swam at the best swim spots on the river.

I learned about eddys, how to spot them and to swim to them to get to shore (Or ya ass is being taken away for miles) rafting safety: feet down river, I'm ok sign (pat on head) and I have my ore (hand up with ore).

Overal;l great experience and we cut through every rapid like it was nothing. last rapid called Fishtail my wife was ejected and thankfully we were far enough away from an area she could have been puled under. She did go under the boat (14footer) and came up behind us the guide quickly pulled her out.

Best time ever.

{>____<}

Glad to know this. The pictures look great.

Banned

Sweet. I've gone a bunch of times. Mostly on the Cheat River in West Virginia. It's a natural flowing river (not dammed). When they get a lot of rain, it's considered one of the best and most dangerous East of the Mississippi. When they don't get a lot of rain, it's not so great.

One time I had a trip set up and the rafting company called me and said that they had so much rain, it was on the border of being too dangerous and they left it up to me to go or cancel. i decided to cancel. i read a couple days later that a guy died on the river that day. Another year I went, the week after my trip down the river, a person drowned.

The Cheat River is a 10 mile canyon with only 2 spots along the way that has room enough for an emergency helicpoter to land. So if you get fucked up, you pretty much still got to go along for the ride. haha.

I also want to raft the Upper Gauley and New River in West Virginia. Top notch class IV & V rapids. Once a year, they have Bridge Day on the New River Gorge Bridge where it is legal to Bungy and Base jump from it.

'

A guy I snowboard with is a rafting tour guide, I'll be trying it eventually. I just hope I don't hit my chin on a rock or the shoulder of some guy paddling who looks like The Rock.

looks dope as hell, haven't been for like 18 years.

i deff want to goto mount shashta, supposed to be an amazing place

pics look like it was a lot of fun

only been canyoning so far, which is like the old man's version of rafting lel

this is definitely on my bucket list
    Retired.

what is on pai mei's chin? looks like a cat hitched a ride?