Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Summer Olympics

Default 2016 Summer Olympics

for Etze!

Odd as it may sound, Olympic competition once included art, and medalists included musicians, painters, and poets. One was Baron Pierre de Coubertin, the 1912 Stockholm Games’ gold medalist in poetry and — by sheer coincidence, surely — also the modern games’ founder.

Move the corrupt, politicized, commercialized Olympics back to Greece

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/mov...ece-2016-08-03

{>____<}

They're jamming! Yet, people are outside protesting because Brazil's economy is in terrible shape. A President facing impeachment, skyrocketing unemployment, racial tensions (I don't understand at all), Zika virus, etc.

This should be a good Olympics for the next 17 days.

Banned

Arrow

It's just a repeat of the World Cup. These major sporting events are now just money makers for fat cats who reside in Switzerland. Brazil makes no money out of either of the 3 events and is left will a bill they'll probably never pay off (include the mandatory confederations cup here) yet the officials clean up, no pun intended since the athletes are all doped up and they only ban Russia too scared to ban the Americans

I hope the olympics dies off and frankly the World Cup can go too.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by #StonerSloth View Post
    It's just a repeat of the World Cup. These major sporting events are now just money makers for fat cats who reside in Switzerland. Brazil makes no money out of either of the 3 events and is left will a bill they'll probably never pay off (include the mandatory confederations cup here) yet the officials clean up, no pun intended since the athletes are all doped up and they only ban Russia too scared to ban the Americans

I hope the olympics dies off and frankly the World Cup can go too.
    Why so negative? We're talking about the Summer Olympics. Yes, Brazil is in deep but they'll make a killing off of tourism. The Olympics athletic winner will probably donate a portion of there winnings to Rio.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    Why so negative? We're talking about the Summer Olympics. Yes, Brazil is in deep but they'll make a killing off of tourism. The Olympics athletic winner will probably donate a portion of there winnings to Rio.
    Lmao sometimes you're an idiot

The budget for the Rio Olympics is 16 times higher than the budget to combat the Zika virus

http://www.pri.org/stories/2016-02-2...bat-zika-virus

Brazil cuts budget by $6 billion amid recession

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/brazi...195040606.html

Rio 2016 to cut costs to avoid 10 percent overspend

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ol...0S01ZK20151006

Ironman asks "Why so negative"

Here's what Brazilian football legend Romario said about the world cup 2 years ago which still applies to the 2016 money pit

"FIFA got what it came for: money," he told the New York Times. "Things like transportation that affect the public after the tournament is over? They don’t care. They don’t care about what is going to be left behind."
    "You see hospitals with no beds," said Romario. "You see hospitals with people on the floor. You see schools that don’t have lunch for the kids. You see schools with no air-conditioning, where kids are going to school in 45 degrees Celsius.
    "You see buildings and schools with no accessibility for people who are handicapped. If you spend 30 percent less on the stadiums, they’d be able to improve the other things that actually matter."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...an-people.html

There was no proof found that the Olympics left a tourism legacy in Sydney, we are just lucky our taxpayer bill was only $2bn and an olympic sporting complex that barely gets used besides the most soulless stadium in the country that nobody likes.

But yeah, why so negative lol

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

{>____<}

^I KNEW all of that! That is why I mentioned that Brazil's economy is in terrible shape. I'm trying to look at the positive side of things, even through Brazil's in a terrible economic situation.

I'm going to try to enjoy the games for the next fews weeks.

countries that host these sort of events, have huge austerity folliwing the events..

whats positive? ignore the real life (poverty/kids dying) and enhjoy the games.. ie the multi rich professionals who are distracting the lives of he ignorant working class with their show many ship?

what is positive in brasil from this? after the corporations and the men have made their cash, brazil will go back to being a third world country that everyone forgot about, apart from the tourists.

Banned

Yes Ironman try and see the positive side of corrupt politican's and "sporting officials" milking a country dry that already is stretched as far as they can. Yes, enjoy the games from your comfy lounge and big screen TV and local trannies while the poverty of Brazil holds up your entertainment. Enjoy it all, preferably with a big mac and large coke.

Of course you will enjoy the games, you wouldn't want to be confronted by reality would you? Yes, yes, let that distraction sink right in.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

When I was younger I used to think these events served a purpose but they're total and complete trash and it took a shit hole like Brazil with no redeeming factors outside of a general notion that the women have large asses to reveal that.

The level of destruction and general waste someone has to put their country through for this temporary event that nobody will care about next year is amazing.

What's also amazing it nobody cares this year at all.

'

The Washington Post is using AI to write articles about the events.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    The Washington Post is using AI to write articles about the events.
    hahaha, idk if that's amazing or a mark of not giving a flying fuck.
    I'm pretty sure there won't be a job in the entire united states in 2030. Bessa start slangin that Colorado dope to guys that look like this from Iowa

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by soul controller View Post
    countries that host these sort of events, have huge austerity folliwing the events..

whats positive? ignore the real life (poverty/kids dying) and enhjoy the games.. ie the multi rich professionals who are distracting the lives of he ignorant working class with their show many ship?

what is positive in brasil from this? after the corporations and the men have made their cash, brazil will go back to being a third world country that everyone forgot about, apart from the tourists.
    The game will take place regardless. When it was announced that Rio would host the 2016 Summer Games, I wasn't happy because Rio, Brazil is in bad shape. People wanted to postpone/relocated the games but construction started so too late.

Obviously, it is very hard to ignore the terrible events that are ongoing in Brazil. I always try to look at the bright side of things even when things are bad. That's life. Some people hate their jobs and deal with it in a negative way while others deal with it in a positive way. In the case of the Olympic Games, a lot of money has been put into it so nothing is going to stop.

Yes Ironman try and see the positive side
    That's me. I can choose to be negative or positive. I choose to be positive.

big mac and large coke.
    I don't eat fast food nor do I drink soda.

This is what I am going to do: I am going to watch and support the games. As I have stated before, it is VERY obvious that the world understands what is occurring in Brazil in terms of it's economic structure. Swimming is taking place today, so try not to have that frown on your face as you always do. Now, is there anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    When I was younger I used to think these events served a purpose but they're total and complete trash and it took a shit hole like Brazil with no redeeming factors outside of a general notion that the women have large asses to reveal that.

The level of destruction and general waste someone has to put their country through for this temporary event that nobody will care about next year is amazing.

What's also amazing it nobody cares this year at all.
    Also, the stadiums will be there collecting dust. Beijing (2008 Summer games. Classic games btw) is a good example.

Also, during the parade of countries, I did not noticed one ugly chick from Africa and the middle east. I have to say that the women in the African countries were nice, especially west, north, and east Africa. Makes me think.

Brazil is going down the drain over this economically. sad to say but politics are in an even worse shape over there atm

nevertheless, Belgium got its first Olympic gold today, in road cycling

Retired.