Thread: Organizing a post-industrial job market...yeah.

Default Organizing a post-industrial job market...yeah.

Our job market is based, obviously, on the industrial revolution's model (everyone does something simple over and over). Now there's software/hardware/mexicans/indians/chinxxx that'll do it for pennies or virtually free.

So wtf is next? I was talking to a lawyer that was saying the Houston law market is plummeting because people are sending their cases to India for 50-80 dollar consultation. They're clearing people's traffic cases and all that. Same thing is happening in medicine. Everyone is focusing on the fall of industry and manufacturing in the US/West, but right now every industry can get touched.

I work in 'big data' and I can't tell you how many companies are just a front man, his work from home pregnant secretary (if she isn't an automated service or virtual office), and a SQUAD in Pune india putting in work. Big league players too.

I also don't think the industry understands how close we are to software their writes, corrects and replicates it's self without human intervention ..which will end that industry as well. the software is ready it just hasn't been advertised.

{>____<}

This is scary. Job automation and jobs being outsourced. Ford and GM jobs aren't 18-30/hr starting anymore. It's like 11/hr.

'

Hahahaha

I put it in quotations cause the term is gay.

The ABBOTT

We will have to charge same rates as India. Looking at past history, no country or empire stay on top forever. U.S. is on the decline, soon we will be India's equivalent and other countries will be top dogs. Looking at the entirety of all issues in this country it would not be surprising.

I have reason to believe the US isn't declining at all. Even if China and India get 'better' we'll still attract the top tier of their society to come work here because they can never compete with us on wages because of culture and population size, and if they do, the lifestyle and reputation here are still unbeaten. Plus there's a culture of innovation and respect for innovators that doesn't exist in China and India.

I think this will effect everyone. China is building an economy based on suppressed wages.

I think more people are going to have to own their own company, work in service industries, or not work. Higher education is a must now as well. Unless you're thick AF like instagram thots and B-rock

Banned

Residual income or perish
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

systems need to move on/update.

living wage, or just let the robots/3d printers do the work for everybody for free.

(if the tech is sourced ethically )

more people to have free time and enjoy doing what they want to do, instead of making money for someone else, so they can pay to live,

capitalism needs to be surpassed...

When it comes to law, you can't outsource all legal-related bussiness (obviously criminal law, family law etc), but intellectual property as the most unified body of law can be easily transferred to other countries. My colleagues file patents for Monsanto all the time.

Doctors, especially dentists need to be worried.