Thread: Why does Nas never show the Wu love??

Wu-Veteran

Default Why does Nas never show the Wu love??

The Wu always shows mad respect to Nas. Whether its reaching out for collabs (ob4cl, the w, shaolin vs wutang, the offering) but Nas has never, ever had an album song or even a single featuring any wutang related artists.

I love Nas. One of my fav all time mcs. Noticed some lines on his "Nas album done" track.

"Now everywhere, all i see is pablo, esco"

Rae put on,your Esco on cuban linx. Nas and every other ny rapper took a page from wu on that 1.

"Shout out to every baby on a cover..some some trend i was settin"

Ghost called that out for you fam.

Lets see a "nas album done remix" feat Rae & ghost

Khaled,kinda played,himself a bit,not having any wu on his star studded album.

isn't nas showing up on a wu album him showing love to the wu as well?

I don't see how artists necessarily have to pay each other respect by returning features. if it happens cool, if not, it's whatever

btw remember this ill little remix with Nas' verse from Eastcoast killa, westcoast killa? was just listening to that the other day

Last edited by Rev Jones; 08-11-2016 at 04:46 AM.
    Retired.

Wu-Veteran

In a way..but it supposed to go favor for favor. When wu fans play wu albums...they hear nas. When Nas fans play Nas albums..they should hear some wu too. At least once.

I'm pretty sure Nas was calling himself Escobar before Cuban Linx.
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

''Nas is the 5th **** of The Beatles, 10th **** of Wu-Tang, so **** let you nuts hang''.

Old School

Quote Originally Posted by JEM View Post
    In a way..but it supposed to go favor for favor. When wu fans play wu albums...they hear nas. When Nas fans play Nas albums..they should hear some wu too. At least once.
    Notwithstanding that this isn't how things work, if it makes you feel better inside, Method Man was originally to be included on Nas' It Was Written LP.

This was heavily discussed in the pages of U-Wu back in '96...when the cd version failed to include Meth, a lot people (myself included) ran back out to grab the cassette version, which featured the bonus track Silent Murder...sadly, that didn't feature Meth either.

There were advertisements at the time and Columbia's Nas Is Coming promo sampler for the album noted Meth's involvement:

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by logitrax View Post
    Notwithstanding that this isn't how things work, if it makes you feel better inside, Method Man was originally to be included on Nas' It Was Written LP.

This was heavily discussed in the pages of U-Wu back in '96...when the cd version failed to include Meth, a lot people (myself included) ran back out to grab the cassette version, which featured the bonus track Silent Murder...sadly, that didn't feature Meth either.

There were advertisements at the time and Columbia's Nas Is Coming promo sampler for the album noted Meth's involvement:

Yup. Meth supposably skipped the session which is a muthafuvkin shame

What?! He might not have a joint with wutang on any of his albums. But he is a huge wu fan. He shouted them out on his "it was written" album thank yous. And also, I remember during one of his shows about ten years ago. He showed love to wutang by playing and reciting triumph and showing respect to recently passed ODB by playing and reciting shimmy shimmy ya. It was dope!

Wu-Veteran

See this is dope, because Im hearing some of this for the first time. I had NO IDEA Meth was supposed to be on It Was Written. And thats cool Nas did that at one of his shows. I just always see Generals salutong Nas in interviews and such..and never really saw the return. Thx for the replies But i still wanna see Nas album Done remix with Rae & Ghost

BlessedRThoseWhoStruggle Wu Apprentice's Avatar

fwiw he does a lot of stuff with KP
    "The devil trembles when he knows the body is the temple and God is in you
    It's hard to continue when it's hard to offend you
    He snarls and sets traps, that have you setback
    The last round in this death match
    So strengthen where you're best at
    I promise you won't regret that" - Killah Priest

Peace CT

I always have scratched my head how nas n prime rza do not have more material together. There was a video on here from a few years ago where nas brought out rza at one of his shows n rza did "Wu tang ain't nothin to f wit". Pretty sure it's on YouTube. Peace

-

It seems to me that Ghostface Killah was dissing Notorious Big on Shark Biters skit on Only Built 4 Cuban Linx album when he said niggas bit off of Nas album cover. Notorious Big and Nas first albums came out the same year. So I don't think Notorious Big was trying to bite off of Nas album cover on purpose. It's a shame that Wu Tang Clan haven't been on any Nas albums. I do remember Nas and Raekwon were on Mobb Deep's Eye For A Eye song. I think Nas and Raekwon were on another Mobb Deep song on Hell On Earth album. Nas was on Raekwon's Only Built 4 Cuban Linx album. Wasn't Nas on Wu Tang Clan's The W album?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Illmatic came out April '94. Ready to die came out in September.

Nas is like every rappers favorite rapper 50cent recites his favorite rap verse which is from It Was Written