Thread: "8 Diagrams" appreciation thread!

Default "8 Diagrams" appreciation thread!

Damn.. I'm sitting here listening to 8 Diagrams.. I have to say.. it had some SOLID gems and good verses! I listened to that album alot more than "a better tomorrow".. I appreciate what RZA tried on "ABT" but the generals doesnt sound 100 on that shit, neither does the beats and the mixing..

8 Diagrams is FRESH, and RZA topped himself on some of the production!
    -----> Check Rev. William Burks aka Chuuuch "Nigowkno", "Runnit" and "Ganja"
    -----> KAMi Genesis, vol1, vol2 and vol3- beat tapes
    https://open.spotify.com/artist/48z4...QcWWL0Pat0qEDQ

YES! I've been saying this since it dropped, "8 Diagrams" is solid as hell, a much better album than "Iron Flag" for example. it's pretty much a RZA showcase but he tried some experimental things with the production that really worked and came out sounding very interesting. it has a cohessive feel to it, and although it's been said that some of the generals wasn't 100% into it, U-God had some of the best verses of his career, Ghost wasn't on there too much but his verse on "Guitar Gently Weeps" is a masterpiece, and so is GZA's on "Weak Spot"...

my only complaint is that i would've prefered the original "Thug World" to stay the same and i feel that the end product of "Guitar" was way overproduced, whereas the simple promo release with just the guys rhyming over the sample was much better

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

it took me ages to get into this album but in the end I cracked the code. it's too bad the first promo single didn't make the album cuz of sample issues, that was a banger
    Retired.

This album is very disappointing.

I like Weak spot, get em out ya way, rushing elephants, and the one that sounds like a fan spinning. Everything else was kinda gay

About half of this album is trash because of the verses and hooks. Unpredictable is an aborted fetus in a flaming dumpster and starter ruined a decent beat with awfulness all around. Some of the production is hella sloppy as well.

Still better than ABT though, off the strength of windmill weak spot and rushing elephants

^yeah, windmill was the song i was thinking of

the good songs are only good because they we'ren't total trash but they're still well below average. It's hard to believe professional musicians put that and ABT together.

True, on the earlier albums all of those songs Would be considered decent or filler tracks but definitely not highlights.

A better tomorrow was dead on arrival and aged like rotten bananas

Platypi on the swarm!! RUSHING PLATYPUS's Avatar

I personally like most of 8 Diagrams. Some tracks I think are great.

1. Forever
    2. 36 Chambers
    3. The W
    4. 8 Diagrams
    5. Iron Flag
    6. ABT

the only song i remember liking is get em out ya way, the rest was forgettable. but that track went hard