Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A look back at "Bobby Digital in Stereo" + 'Do You Hear The Bells' (FLAC) + RZA comp

PRODIGAL SUN

ok,thanks

nada ignorante

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    Bobby Digital is the fucking shit
    First time I have to agree with a Drakes Fan.
    N.I.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

First off, good review. This is one of my favorite Clan Solos and I believe this and "Supreme Clientele" are the only two solos on par with the "Golden Era". This album came out at the time when the Killa Beez were putting out WAY more quality "The Swarm" "Last Shall be First" "Heavy Mental" "Heist of the Century" "The Pillage" "Dirty Weaponry". Also, I like the bonus tracks "Daily Routine" is a dope cut Beretta 9 drops one of his best verses, "Fuck What You Think" is one of my favorites too, I like the vibe of the track for some reason, Islord and 9th come with some solid verses. "Lab Drunk" is a classic. "Project Talk" shouldn't have never made the album. Killarmy are "B" artists by the way IDK why he said "C", now Black Knights are "C" artists.

'

I wish they would of used more Blaxpoitation style art work for their solo albums. It just looks more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    First off, good review. This is one of my favorite Clan Solos and I believe this and "Supreme Clientele" are the only two solos on par with the "Golden Era". This album came out at the time when the Killa Beez were putting out WAY more quality "The Swarm" "Last Shall be First" "Heavy Mental" "Heist of the Century" "The Pillage" "Dirty Weaponry". Also, I like the bonus tracks "Daily Routine" is a dope cut Beretta 9 drops one of his best verses, "Fuck What You Think" is one of my favorites too, I like the vibe of the track for some reason, Islord and 9th come with some solid verses. "Lab Drunk" is a classic. "Project Talk" shouldn't have never made the album. Killarmy are "B" artists by the way IDK why he said "C", now Black Knights are "C" artists.
    don't get me wrong I don't really have a problem with the bonus tracks per say, but with this digital orchestra / no samples album i feel that 65 minutes of music is too long - and when i realized that the concerpt album of "In Stereo" (this is very clearly stated in the booklet ends with "My Lovin' is Digi"; "Domestic Violence" i found an even higher appreciation of the album as i made a point of turning off the album right after track 17. the love anthem "My Lovin' is Digi" into the nightmarish, domestic abuse situation and full blown chaos of "Domestic Violence" is a true artistic statement - and i feel that adding more songs (that with one exception is not up to snuff imo) diminishes that.

unlike you i actually liked "Project Talk"; that's one of the songs that i could accept being like a little intermission somewhere in the middle of the album. "Lab Drunk" could have been a B-side but the other two songs just sound lazy as fuck to me.

on a side note, what do you think of "Do You Hear The Bells" that the Japanese got on their CD/2xLP? do you think it had any business being on the actual album ? i don't.. it's cool but it's way too long and doesn't really go anywhere.. my theory is that the Japanese version is the first one he made and put it out like that over there (this is supported by the full "Terrorist" appearing only there), but then he went back and realized he needed to flesh out the concept, hence the US/EU version. the japanese version is nice as an alternative version but it's a far cry from the brilliance of the US/EU version... it's like if they would have fucked around with the sequenceing of "Ob4cl" or "Ironman", added "Deadly Darts" / "Box in Hand", and whatnot.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

"12. "Bobby Digital Audio Interview: 'In Stereo Bonus Disc'"

never heard that interview till now, he mentions raekwon not liking the Bob Digi character, I guess thats why raekwon never was invited or never appeared in those bobby digital projects

^ yeah, i also heard U-God diss "Bobby Digital In Stereo" in an interview

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by Punch View Post
    In Stereo is a near masterpiece with only a few missteps( the bonus tracks sans Lab Drunk).
    I've always said that the shift in RZA's style can be traced back to Marvel off of Ironman.
    While I think In Stereo can hang with the other first-era solos, Forever makes for a pretty clear marker for the end of that era. After taking care of everyone else, In Stereo feels like RZA unfiltered and the start of a new wave.

This was great Claa. This part was perfectly said
    Stating it like that, Sunshower was sorta like the (s)end (off) of The RZA as everybody knew him.

And while that was just and international bonus track on the Forever, that pretty much flew over everybody's head. Even the people that did hear it, they were expecting as The RZA album. But all of a sudden he throws everybody a knuckle ball, something he never did. Safe for The Chase of the Bullworth soundtrack.

That being said, I agree with the statement that 'In Stereo' is intriguing. The product still fascinated me with its diversity and originality. Six years after the fact, he managed to reshuffle the board with something unheard off and unmatched. Therefore it is such a loss that the accompanying film never got its due release. Because if it was, and it was also sold through its website. It would have been a marker in media history. The instrumenals & 5.1 release would have only added to its legacy.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Quote Originally Posted by mAlAkAz View Post
    "12. "Bobby Digital Audio Interview: 'In Stereo Bonus Disc'"

never heard that interview till now, he mentions raekwon not liking the Bob Digi character, I guess thats why raekwon never was invited or never appeared in those bobby digital projects
    The fact that Rae did not like Bob Digi was actually well documented. It has been mentioned in various interviews. Sadly these interviews are mostly over 10 years old, and not well digitally archived.

Side note: Also remember Uey not liking In Stereo. Now the funny thing is that Rae & Uey had a fight over who had the wackest album. Calling out Immobilarity & Golden Arms Redemption. Supposedly this argument took place after their releases somewhere. I believe in the run up to The W. GZA recorded this, and was supposed to release a doc. Don't know if this ever was released.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Name a wack wu album. There arent any. It is you. Not wu.

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

one of rza's best solos, i love it been bumping it since day 1