Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you satisfied with your life?

Default Are you satisfied with your life?

Are you?

I have a new found appreciation of life
    Retired.

satisfied is a bit of an understatement,.

would like more than the 4 kids we got.. but thats not happening..

Banned

No. I always strive to do better. Being satisfied is for losers.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

I guess...

I'm at a somewhat fucked up point in my life right now where I have no fucking idea what I wanna do. I'm just back from a trip overseas and fuck man, I don't wanna do this life anymore. The moment I got back to my home town, which is a beautiful, quiet little town on the coast, I just didn't wanna see any of the same old faces from around here. Like the idea was repulsive. I went out for a bike ride just hoping I wouldn't see anybody I know. Like the local surf dudes or anyone. I don't know why.

Then within a minute of my first shift back at work, I knew I had to get out of this job. Just coming back to these same fucking people coming through here every day. I don't think I can do it anymore. It puts me in a truly fucking atrocious head space. Seeing these cunts come through after their pointless waste of a fucking day at their shitty jobs, and get their little fucking brain numbing comfort for the night, and me being the same fucking loser who serves them every day. Man. Fuck this shit. This playa needs some serious change, and fast.

Problem is I have no fucking idea what I want, or what's really missing from my life. I feel like I just want change. Constant change of scenery. Do new things. See new things etc. But truth is while I was overseas a big part of me was looking forward to getting back home, pretty much from the moment I left. What the fuck? Leaves me to question what it really is that I want.

This fucking shit though. Throwing my thyme away to man this fucken cesspool for deadbeat cunts. Doing the same shit every day. It's not cutting it right now. A player feels like he's about to lose his fucking mind, ya heard?

lol Where in aus do u live noel?

I think a lot of us can relate to you saying you longed for home while abroad, but feeling disappointed when back home. I spent a relatively long time abroad in my early twenties and after a while I missed my hometown, you know just walking around in it, without having to see friends or relatives. But when I relocated back home I was disgusted with how little my life had changed, as if my whole time abroad hadn't mattered at all.

I think part of it has to do with new experiences you have abroad, that are exciting at the time, but seem to have no impact on your life when you get back home. Powerlessness over changing your life.

What got me through that was looking for new e xperiences back home. Like finding a means to meet other people : different sport, other hobby, little trips around your general area.

maybe a different job would be a good change but I can also see the advantages to your current job as in it allows you a lot of free time, which in turn allows you space to make some changes in your private life

It's not an exact science, nobody has definite answers, I just wish a player like you the best
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 08-25-2016 at 04:49 AM.
    Retired.

Forster/Tuncurry in response to MA.

Lee Towers, your post was knowledge born, ya heard? A couple of things tho. I went to Europe for 3 and a half months in 2013, and I came home in a really good head space in a lot of ways. Kind of revitalised and positive and shit. Especially with work and socializing. Though there was still def a presence of the whole wanting my life to change and shit.

Before I went on this trip I was in a pretty shit place, especially with work. Pretty much ready to call it quits. The moment I came back to work after I got home I was in that exact same head space. Just don't know what the fuck I need, ya heard?

Also worth considering I did Europe solo whereas I did this recent trip with a couple of my dunn dunns.

Veteran Member

Lightbulb

A lot of my posts here are tongue in cheek but I'm going to drop some real shit for a minute.
    I am not satisfied with my life, no.
    The sad thing is, I feel like I can't actually be satisfied unless I could remind the clock back 10 years to when I was a young shorty.
    From the ages of 9-16 I was locked down in a special education institute during the week.
    Since elementary school I had some violent incidents and since elementary I had been in a special placement of some sort. My moms just misunderstood that I wasn't some retard just a young G trying to get some respect in the joint.
    So I was between home and there and as soon as I started getting some rep around here between the local kids I was bundled into a van and taken 60 miles away to the institute for the week.
    When I made it out at 16 I was mad shy. I tried going to my local youth centre (mainly to see if I could get me some guts) but I was too shy to really talk to any of the girls there. I hadn't had any interaction with normal people apart from the staff at the institute who were much older than me, but some of them provided friendship.
    I feel like I don't have those memories from those young shorty years and set a lot of people up for life.
    Like if I think 10 years back I didn't have any friends, any pussy, nothing. Before I was a teenager I was much more confident and I feel like I am only just getting back to that place now.
    That institute changed my life so much. It had a big impact on my opportunities and shit.
    And then when I was isolated at uni 2010-2012 (biggest mistake of my life) I spent a lot of time online and found and watched autopsy videos on Youtube that turned me on so much yet also got me mad depressed at the same time, that depression lasted from 2011-2015.
    Everyday watching an autopsy just to jerk off to get that shit off my chest. My head was filled with gruesome scenes from the youtube videos.
    But it all stems from being so isolated in life and not having friends to put things in perspective for me.
    Yes, I have some serious issues, lol!
    I figure I like hip hop because it must be so cool to be able to express yourself through clever rhymes and be able to spit some darts about someone or a given situation and get your anger out that way.
    So at the moment just working some part time jobs and living in my moms basement. That's all my life has amounted to so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    I'm at a somewhat fucked up point in my life right now where I have no fucking idea what I wanna do. I'm just back from a trip overseas and fuck man, I don't wanna do this life anymore. The moment I got back to my home town, which is a beautiful, quiet little town on the coast, I just didn't wanna see any of the same old faces from around here. Like the idea was repulsive. I went out for a bike ride just hoping I wouldn't see anybody I know. Like the local surf dudes or anyone. I don't know why.

Then within a minute of my first shift back at work, I knew I had to get out of this job. Just coming back to these same fucking people coming through here every day. I don't think I can do it anymore. It puts me in a truly fucking atrocious head space. Seeing these cunts come through after their pointless waste of a fucking day at their shitty jobs, and get their little fucking brain numbing comfort for the night, and me being the same fucking loser who serves them every day. Man. Fuck this shit. This playa needs some serious change, and fast.

Problem is I have no fucking idea what I want, or what's really missing from my life. I feel like I just want change. Constant change of scenery. Do new things. See new things etc. But truth is while I was overseas a big part of me was looking forward to getting back home, pretty much from the moment I left. What the fuck? Leaves me to question what it really is that I want.

This fucking shit though. Throwing my thyme away to man this fucken cesspool for deadbeat cunts. Doing the same shit every day. It's not cutting it right now. A player feels like he's about to lose his fucking mind, ya heard?
    Holy shit I can mad relate cuz! Ever thought of getting a motorbike? I have always liked them (the off road style) and just love getting out in the woods on mine.
    Ya'll have some beautiful areas out in Aus. Just get an enduro and go and tear it up.
    Last edited by Wu-tang Fan; 08-25-2016 at 06:17 AM. Reason: Tried to space paragraphs but the formatting ain't working

I agree with the whole abroad thing so I am gonna pursue that.
    It's kinda boring back home but I gotta finish my studies so I'll stick around for a year.

Am I satisfied with my life?

Yes. Mainly due to past experiences, friends and plans for the future.

-edit: and I think I have been blessed with a positive attitude and outlook on life.
    Last edited by Rame; 08-25-2016 at 08:36 AM.

De mijne is 4x duurder!

Damn wu-tang fan, that's heavy shit. Thanks for sharing. I hope there are better years ahead for you.

Never really thought about a motorbike as I like getting exercise in the outdoors. Unless I'm surfing I spend my mornings riding my mountain bike out to the sticks and going for walks out there and on the beach up there where it's typically isolated. There's generally nobody out there. Just how I like it.

Something I've been wanting to do for many years now is get a 4wd van and deck it out as a camper and start doing trips out to the bush and mountains and such. Maybe it's thyme I acted on that?

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    Something I've been wanting to do for many years now is get a 4wd van and deck it out as a camper and start doing trips out to the bush and mountains and such. Maybe it's thyme I acted on that?
    I think this is a great idea
    Retired.

No

i havent made sweet love to jill scott yet