Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: I think Rza needs to go back to eating meat, Banks and Steelz is weak AF

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    What value does this guy offer Rza, musically or hollywoodically? Change is Change but when Rza gets on stage he'll start performing shit from the 90s. If he has changed or grown he would be better and have material from that past 15 years he can proudly perform but that isn't the case. Nobody interviews this nigga about digisnax right now. He knows he's not good anymore.

How many 'rock' albums does Common or Ice Cube have that they're 100x more sought after in Hollywood than him?
    The music he is making now is the music he is experimenting with. I would believe even though its not the music the consensus of wu tang fans like this music can possibly make him even better when he is focused and ready to do the Wu.

I don't know what the collab guy value is, but im sure it trickles down to all of Hollywood. He's making music with a white guy, after all. And the music most likely gives RZA even more listeners who may in turnm search out his older work.... I was playing SCENE IT with my family on the Xbox and they had many wu references. 1 was a true or false for wutang clan members. the other was a question about a movie called Funny People and the answer was RZA.

Quote Originally Posted by Durag View Post
    Rap is basically pathetic now.

I agree, the 'music scene' has changed a lot and its more about 'sounds' than melodies or actual music. Whats funny is a lot of places still praise this stuff coz its 'edgy' and 'forward thinking' but this style has been around since the 90's and was edgy then - it certainly isnt now. Electronic producers in the 90's had more talent than all of the music scene now coz they created actual music and legendary tracks OUT of the sounds and different effects. Now they are just putting that shit together in whatever way they can thinking its 'edgy'.

Its a lot harder to come up with catchy melodies and make actual songs than it is to put a few sounds together on Ableton and put a beat underneath. And that is a perfect analogy to modern western society. Too lazy to put any effort into anything of value.

Saying that i do like a lot of the different electronic stuff and when its done well with hip-hop, like clipping. for example with actual talented musicians, it is outstanding. But not when its shitty third rate 'spacy' beats that a 5 year old could put together.
    They dumbing down everything....*Plays Lupe Fiasco - Dumb it Down.

trust me, im not even hating on dude, i know from experience, theres an album i did i never ever talk about called 'record high", its the end result of simping on my part, i let a bitch have all kinds of opinions on how i should do it and it ended up one of the worst projects i've ever done....believe me, simping can destroy careers (not that i ever had one} but im just saying,i know exactly whats going on with dude right now, he is conflicted, its a hard choice, saying no to her demands could mean he wont be able to mount her for months, lets not forget he is a millionaire,if she decides she wants half of his shit after leaving because he refused to be the hippy she wants, that can hurt his pockets, then on the other hand, he also realizes, hip hop fans don't cop albums anymore so why even try

i told yall about the studio episode with dude right? how he felt about the game and fans in general now, how he pretty much felt like hollywood is where its at right now

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    ^lolz

Who is rev Burke?
    kid from chicago he took under his wing for a while, dude is mad nice, he also is affiliated with the whole pimp movement and at some point was considered as a competent replacement for killa sin in killarmy when he was disposed

You can be stupid with or without a woman's influence.

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER PAI MEI View Post
    The music he is making now is the music he is experimenting with. I would believe even though its not the music the consensus of wu tang fans like this music can possibly make him even better when he is focused and ready to do the Wu.

I don't know what the collab guy value is, but im sure it trickles down to all of Hollywood. He's making music with a white guy, after all. And the music most likely gives RZA even more listeners who may in turnm search out his older work.... I was playing SCENE IT with my family on the Xbox and they had many wu references. 1 was a true or false for wutang clan members. the other was a question about a movie called Funny People and the answer was RZA.

They dumbing down everything....*Plays Lupe Fiasco - Dumb it Down.
    Bro do you think a collaboration with 'Banks' got Rza on a board game? The world is completely run by wutang fans right now and if you ask those people they'll tell you their favorite albums are from when Rza was calling them devils lol. I don't work like that at all. This guy gains 100% from this collaboration, hence all the Wu features.

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    You can be stupid with or without a woman's influence.

Bro do you think a collaboration with 'Banks' got Rza on a board game? The world is completely run by wutang fans right now and if you ask those people they'll tell you their favorite albums are from when Rza was calling them devils lol. I don't work like that at all. This guy gains 100% from this collaboration, hence all the Wu features.

No I don't. I think RZA policking allowed him to break into mainstream Hollywood. And thus the trickle down affect. This is yet another chess move on the board of Hollywood.

Yes, They like that music because they want to be more than just white toast. They want to have culture. RZA doing the stuff he does now allows them to be more open to anything he does.

Corporate America. 'Mericah!

YA BIG DUMMY!!!

When I saw this collab a while ago I laughed my ass off. I was dragged to an Interpol concert(his band) by an ex once. It was an absolute horrid experience. No male there was there by his own choice or was paying attention after the first terrible song. None of those fans are going to be pulled in to liking this and vice versa for the most part. I gave it a quick listen and it sounds exactly like I imagined how bad it could be.

The worst day in Wu history was when whoever that musician in the store was told Rza he wasn't a real musician and he decided to try and be one.

I actually think he's selling himself short. Most of hollywood is a Rza fan right now or at least respects him if they know hip hop (and they do). This banks guy has no reach in hollywood or music so idk what's the point of the album. Though I agree networking within hollywood has helped him develop that aspect of his business, abandoning the other won't help. It's like Google wanting to develop Youtube so it gets rid of it's search engine.

Agreed^

Lets see how RZA plays chess with them. So far his has taken their castle, rook and bishop.

^lolz

Who is rev Burke?
    Rapper who also goes by Lil Chuuuch. He waq gonna be the next big wu killa bee a few years back
    Retired.

There is a RZA line on this that goes 'I write songs for fun, not for salary'.

Maybe it's as simple as that. I'd say this is someone who has earned that.

Luckily for me I think this lp is excellent. I seem to be in the minority on that. It's all cool though

Quote Originally Posted by cd View Post
    I was dragged to an Interpol concert(his band) by an ex once.
    FUCKING SIMP!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cd View Post
    No male there was there by his own choice
    Simp party, chilling at a simp party...

I will have to look up Rev Burke some thyme. I must say the name is somewhat familiar. I might well have heard him before.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

FUCK THAT GUY!!!! He single handedly ruined one of hip hop's most revered producers with those five seemingly harmless words.

'

I wouldn't be surprised if he works with someone like David Byrne next. Seriously what do you guys expect from a 47 year old who probably keeps mello yellow on deck in the fridge and owns a high end piano in an ocean front property?

We should probably also get our hopes up that Mic Tyson bites another ear off, for good times sake (and brings back that nostalgic boxing era fuckery).

Aint happening. However I'd like to see Diggs and Tyson team up in an action packed BLOCKBUSTER with Ringz playing a more nerdier villain than Rico from Belly.

FUCKING SIMP!!!!!!

Simp party, chilling at a simp party...

I will have to look up Rev Burke some thyme. I must say the name is somewhat familiar. I might well have heard him before.