Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: I think Rza needs to go back to eating meat, Banks and Steelz is weak AF

Quote Originally Posted by THE W View Post

as far as Robert diggs the golden token "black friend" coon
    Mega lolz

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

really? people are still here waiting for these guys to make more classics?

these guys should've stopped making studio material 10 years ago. they're finished; they've been finished. their best bet is to just go the earth wind and fire route and tour. they have classic material up the wazoo from the past. they don't even need to make any more music.

as far as Robert diggs the golden token "black friend" coon, he's BEEN done. between selling black people out on bloomberg for some white daddy biscuits and making garbage music with no-names in an attempt to destroy whatever musical legacy he built, he's not thinking about people who bought his music 20 years ago.

i'm surprised this site is still active. wu-tang is garbage. Heck, rap music as a whole is garbage. it's nothing more coon and jiggaboo music for white people to laugh at and for black people to buckdance.
    I've been saying this for the past 3 years.

it's nothing more coon and jiggaboo music for white people to laugh at and for black people to buckdance.
    Sadly

It has come to this

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

RZA's a grown man fellas. He has evolved musically as well as personally. This is a guy who lives in Cali, in constant sunshine, with his wife and kids, among Hollywood folks in a nice mansion among regular people who just want to live life in love peace and happiness. This isn't the life of a young dude trapped in the hood, in a dusty dark basement in Staten Island trying to make it through bitter winters, playing chess, going through stacks of soul music and watching kung fu flicks with his buddies no more.

What created those albums was the life of that time. The '93-'97 era is a very special tie for not only Hip Hop, but pop, fashion and sports as well. It's a true golden era. The quality of these things was immaculate.

Nothing stays the same forever, believe me, I know better than most how hard it is to let go of that thing you loved the most. I have pretty much dedicated my talents to mimicking RZA and 4th Disciple and True Master from that era the best way I know it. That's what OUATIS was sonically most about. But I knew on that 27 hour plane ride from London to Melbourne with RZA, that we were not going to get to experience that feeling again. And by being around the Wu, even though but for a limited time, it was obvious that brothers had grown apart creatively.

Moon and I talk about it all the time. The time we spent with all our buddies making music in his room, late nights, also watching kung fu flicks and stuff. We could never reenact that. We tried making an album that sounded like our old shit, but it just wouldn't happen.

So how you're gonna expect RZA to suddenly become the RZArectah again? The only way these things happen is when there's a large enough budget that would allow you to pay everyone significantly for their services which gets them in a comfortable and happy space, get them all out the country for 4 weeks and into a gigantic villa somewhere nice or dark, and get the right beats selected and do it. It would involve recording skits and interludes, finding the proper movie to tie the album together again, some crazy dope photography with a unified outfit and really just ask them to go hard like back in the day which would mean for some to step outside the style they're doing now. For example, you'd have to get both RZA and Raekwon to put their fonts back in and go hard. Listen to Weeping Tiger, that's classic Rae. That's Rae recording with his fonts in.

Don't get it twisted though. RZA can still make a mean beat, and still bust a mean rhyme. It's just that it doesn't fit with what he's like right now. The RZArectah is my favorite side of him, especially like he was on No Hook. But you need him back in army fatigues, crazy hair, fonts, just on some ol' crazy shit. It's not impossible, but it means having the finances and time to take someone out of their world and take them somewhere to transform them back into a character from 20 years ago. We succeeded for the larger part with OUATIS, but nothing touches the first 7 classics. I mean hell, when's the last time you heard a 4th Disciple beat that reminded you of Soldiers Of Darkness or Wu-Renegades? Or a True Master beat that reminded you of Fish? Not to say these brothers can't make shit like that no more, they created it, so of course they can. But it's evolving man. And I for one hate that shit the most. I like Snoop to stay with Dre, Michael to stay with Quincy, Nas to stay with Primo. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

But unfortunately, that's just not the way of the world.

That's some real condescending shit pleighboi. Is De La Soul immature? Because their most recent album sounds exactly like the music their fans subscribed too in the early 90s. The fans were so happy about De La's consistency throughout the years that they funded the project 100% from donations (raised $500,000 when De La only requested $100,000 without getting trolled by Martin Skhreli).

I remember when you were marketing that million dollar wu cd and you saying that it sounded like the old wu. So what is it? You're immature, lying, or confused?

All of that 'they've changed' nonsense won't float anywhere. 36 to Forever is change, growth, adaptation, development and maturity. This is flat out inferior music to anyone that's a fan of music. Unless you're willing to tell me this is growth from Liquid Swords.
    Last edited by TSA; 09-11-2016 at 08:57 AM.

Agreed. This whole "maturity" defense for making borderline unlistenable trash just sounds like nonsense. Honestly having listened to the album multiple times the main problem is that rza and banks styles just do not mean together at all. It sounds like some bad mash up you'd hear as background noise as a party when some idiot with questionable musical taste got control of the music.

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Ok, maybe growth isn't the right word. Change of heart maybe? RZA probably grew out of it. Probably wants to find out what else he can do. Try different things. Who knows, maybe a combination of all that. But what's your beef really with it. And I'm not asking to knock your beef, just want to know what it is that really bothers you.

Do you still have hope any of these new Wu-tang related projects will carry that sound you aspire to hear? Or do you know you wont hear it and it just bothers you every time that's confirmed when a new Wu project is released? Or does it simply irritate you to hear RZA release projects like these and you wish that it all would've ended after Supreme Clientele?

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    Ok, maybe growth isn't the right word. Change of heart maybe? RZA probably grew out of it. Probably wants to find out what else he can do. Try different things. Who knows, maybe a combination of all that. But what's your beef really with it. And I'm not asking to knock your beef, just want to know what it is that really bothers you.

Do you still have hope any of these new Wu-tang related projects will carry that sound you aspire to hear? Or do you know you wont hear it and it just bothers you every time that's confirmed when a new Wu project is released? Or does it simply irritate you to hear RZA release projects like these and you wish that it all would've ended after Supreme Clientele?
    Every wu release since masacre should come with full acapella versions of the songs haha then people like you and memory man can actually make them bang properly

Yeah the whole trying to recreate their old sound is a whatever dead topic/argument. I think people just want them to make good music. Not this laughable rubbish. And it's not hard to make music with the same feel as their early stuff, in 2016. Nor do you have to become a different person. They pretty much did it on CL2 in whatever year that was. Bronze did it on his first solo. Even KP on that double album maybe. I don't really remember.

It's fucken lame defending the garbage some of these guys put out with this whole 'evolving' bullshit angle, or 'it's not '95 anymore' . There's absolutely no reason for these guys not to be putting out high quality, satisfying hip hop in 2016.

Veteran Member

ok, ringz has a pretty valid point. Making music is generally very environmentally influenced. RZA has been doing relatively big Hollywood-type shit for a while. So if he's making music (for the last how many years) that is different and not like the stuff that sounds like the RZA we all used to love, cool, I can give him a pass. Still have but heard this album, so I can't say how garbage or not I think it is.

Having said that, I'm fucking sick of every post you reply with having some sort of reference to the shaolin album. Granted, I do see how it was relevant to the point you were making, so the anecdote fit.

HOWEVER, I've read so many other of your posts talking about it...how gritty it is, how it captures the old school wu sound, how it makes your dick hard blah blah blah...every time I read one of these posts it just feels like a giant FUCK YOU...rubbing in that we'll likely never hear any of it. You do this shit quite a bit, so this is not an isolated misconception...on one of your youtube videos, I remember you bumping a little bit of house of steel (from the wuki files)...yes, I check for your shit; I'm a fan. But that type of nonsense just screams "look what I have nanny nanny boo boo".

I may or may not be speaking for others when I say, I don't give a FUCK about, nor do I want to read braggart-type comments about, an album that I'll never get to hear.

In short, please stfu about ouatis.

Otherwise, keep doing what you're doing and the site is great!

Peace

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

They were done after 2012. I agree with the others above me, still no excuse to keep pushing out b.s. music.

waiting for rzas album featuring Hillary Clinton..or making pro war records bigging up Bechtel and Halliburton...

they was done after wu forever (besides ghost) he had a few decent solos left..

but not heard any wu albums for over ten years...

I got annoyed at the amount of dope hiphop I missed waiting for wu related releases..

thank the devil man for british hiphop/living legends/zion I/jmt

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    They were done after 2012. I agree with the others above me, still no excuse to keep pushing out b.s. music.

real shit. I said it back a few years ago that if wu members don't stop this fuckary they're going to reach a point where 90% of their catalog is trash and it won't make any sense to hold them as one of 'the greats'. We're officially there. if 85% of Methodman's albums are ass by his fans account not even haters or people that listen to bullshit, how can we really say Meth is a GOAT? Same applies to Rza and the rest. At this point they should be protecting their legacy but they're still running from it for no identifiable reason.

There's a valid reason Ghostface is still on everyone's top 10 list and is hailed by the entire industry. Dude made the music people buy from him. I'll say the same for Gza. These are the only two members that have actually matured and shown growth. We know what growth looks like. Making shitter music isn't grow it's falling off.

nada ignorante

We want Bobby Digital Bra
    N.I.