Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: I think Rza needs to go back to eating meat, Banks and Steelz is weak AF

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

Every artists goes through change. RZA is just politicking with Hollywood.

RZA isn't RZA that struggles anymore. His hunger is gone. He is not famished and angry.

I'll listen to this and make up my own mind. I do agree that todays music is less musical and more sound effects.

Socially ho, simp, dumb, no soundscape shit is more acceptable in mainstream rap.

Rap Music has took a big dump

The MTV VMA was all about being the biggest ho, biggest materialistic piece of shit and idolizing money.

i can respect experimentation and artistic change to some degree, but RZA has about been making lame music just as long as he's made good music at this point.
    I think GZA is a good example of doing it right. He made a song about animals and its one of my favorite songs

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER PAI MEI View Post

RZA isn't RZA that struggles anymore. His hunger is gone. He is not famished and angry.

I'll listen to this and make up my own mind. I do agree that todays music is less musical and more sound effects.

Socially ho, simp, dumb, no soundscape shit is more acceptable in mainstream rap.

The MTV VMA was all about being the biggest ho, biggest materialistic piece of shit and idolizing money.
    What value does this guy offer Rza, musically or hollywoodically? Change is Change but when Rza gets on stage he'll start performing shit from the 90s. If he has changed or grown he would be better and have material from that past 15 years he can proudly perform but that isn't the case. Nobody interviews this nigga about digisnax right now. He knows he's not good anymore.

How many 'rock' albums does Common or Ice Cube have that they're 100x more sought after in Hollywood than him?

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER PAI MEI View Post

Rap is basically pathetic now.

I agree, the 'music scene' has changed a lot and its more about 'sounds' than melodies or actual music. Whats funny is a lot of places still praise this stuff coz its 'edgy' and 'forward thinking' but this style has been around since the 90's and was edgy then - it certainly isnt now. Electronic producers in the 90's had more talent than all of the music scene now coz they created actual music and legendary tracks OUT of the sounds and different effects. Now they are just putting that shit together in whatever way they can thinking its 'edgy'.

Its a lot harder to come up with catchy melodies and make actual songs than it is to put a few sounds together on Ableton and put a beat underneath. And that is a perfect analogy to modern western society. Too lazy to put any effort into anything of value.

Saying that i do like a lot of the different electronic stuff and when its done well with hip-hop, like clipping. for example with actual talented musicians, it is outstanding. But not when its shitty third rate 'spacy' beats that a 5 year old could put together.

And i havent listened to anything from this and im not overly bothered if i never do.

Banned

Why are RZA's soundtracks good though
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Rza has become that guy that thinks embracing rock and name checking old white dudes makes him come off as more eclectic and sophisticated.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Simon Hurt View Post
    Rza has become that guy that thinks embracing rock and name checking old white dudes makes him come off as more eclectic and sophisticated.
    bottom line.

Peace CT

I am 9 tracks in so far n I actually think I am feeling this album. Of course it's not the Cure or 6 Feet Deep Rza but those ships sailed awhile ago. N if u haven't realized that then u r living under a rock. I don't even check for other music genres other than hip hop so I found this different with a ton of Rza on it so I will take it in 2016. Peace

Dude literally stopped hanging out with rev Burke like that because his wife wasn't comfortable with it

I know a simp when I see one, we have all been there, give him time, he will open that jar and get his balls and freedom back when his money starts hurting

^lolz

Who is rev Burke?

nada ignorante

The last VMA was the gayest shit I have seen. Goes to show you Rap has turned into a freak show.
    N.I.

nada ignorante

Suck this drunk alcohol Mamba.
    N.I.

havent watched any award show in several years, they're all gay

thats pretty unfortunate about RZA and his simpdom though, never thought a general would stoop to that level

Eastern village

Ill get a lot of heat for this im sure. I didnt feel the album in the beginning but its growing on me. People saying its just a bunch of sound effects? Wow.. Well everyone got a diffrent ear i guess. I hear heavy beats like the first rza solo just polished. with a rock flair from banks.

I mean I wont buy it but its been doing my week so far..

Sorry guys. But I like it. Wild season is my favourite so far. The sounds and mix is killing me...