Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: I think Rza needs to go back to eating meat, Banks and Steelz is weak AF

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopjunky View Post
    ok, ringz has a pretty valid point. Making music is generally very environmentally influenced. RZA has been doing relatively big Hollywood-type shit for a while. So if he's making music (for the last how many years) that is different and not like the stuff that sounds like the RZA we all used to love, cool, I can give him a pass. Still have but heard this album, so I can't say how garbage or not I think it is.

Having said that, I'm fucking sick of every post you reply with having some sort of reference to the shaolin album. Granted, I do see how it was relevant to the point you were making, so the anecdote fit.

HOWEVER, I've read so many other of your posts talking about it...how gritty it is, how it captures the old school wu sound, how it makes your dick hard blah blah blah...every time I read one of these posts it just feels like a giant FUCK YOU...rubbing in that we'll likely never hear any of it. You do this shit quite a bit, so this is not an isolated misconception...on one of your youtube videos, I remember you bumping a little bit of house of steel (from the wuki files)...yes, I check for your shit; I'm a fan. But that type of nonsense just screams "look what I have nanny nanny boo boo".

I may or may not be speaking for others when I say, I don't give a FUCK about, nor do I want to read braggart-type comments about, an album that I'll never get to hear.

In short, please stfu about ouatis.

Otherwise, keep doing what you're doing and the site is great!

Peace
    @hiphopjunky OUATIS !!!!!!!!

No but seriously, the only reason I brought it up is because to say that they can't do or sound like they used to sound, or write like they used to write, is wrong. They can. Because they did it on... uhm... Ouatis. That's the only reason i brought it up ok? Not to tease fartface.

But look, I'm with you all. I sometimes sit there and be like, look at Supreme Clientele, look at Cuban Linx II, it went back to the 90s feel, and it fucking worked. Ghost was a king in the game that year, proclaimed the saviour of the Wu and Rae did his biggest numbers in sales and respect he got from everyone, even made Time Magazine's best albums of the year Top 10. The only Hiphop album I believe in that list. So you sit back and think to yourself, helloooooo... can anyone see the obvious????

It's frustrating as a fan, as someone who knows it's still possible but somehow doesn't seem to happen, etc.

Anyway, my 2 cents.

Personally, I think they're only 'done' when they say so. If they feel within themselves like it's somehow going 'backwards' to make the kind of flavour most of their fans crave, then it's probably going to show in their music. Where as if they just vibe together & let the bars fall how they may, they might come up with more exciting results musically. Keep it natural.

SHAOLIN STUDENT

Rza is fucking dead. I know it is name as an artist but now we deal with Robert Diggs. Musically he's done, that's it. He can't produce dope shit anymore. He was a dope producer and his legacy is huge, that's it. I don't waste my fucking time with his new shit because it's garbage. The whole wu tang clan is fucking done. RIP Voltron !

Imagine this being the only release by a general in 2016...
    Retired.

^damn, didn't even think of that.

unless they want to admit a formal retirement and go out with grace, it's even sadder to know that these are professional musicians. It's literally their only job lol. If meth and rza are doing movie stuff fine, and I know Gza is involved with education but there's no way Inspectah Deck isn't driving an Uber.

Peace CT

What's odd is I like this album n I hate rock n roll music. Peace

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Towers View Post
    Imagine this being the only release by a general in 2016...
    But that's what the future holds for us Wu fans. I'm just baffled that people still come on here hoping to hear another 36 chambers or wishing for a Inspectah Deck album that's produced by 4th Disciple.

^^lol