Thread: Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Default Deus Ex Mankind Divided

anybody play this?

Watched the IGN video review and it looks kinda amazing, never got around to playing the one before this but I might have to cop

The developers of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided came up with the term "mechanical apartheid" for the repulsion and distrust shown by natural people towards augmented people in the game. However, the use of the term caused controversy; the developers were criticized for using it, especially due to the historical use of the term "apartheid", referring to discrimination against blacks in South Africa. The game was accused of being racist and racially insensitive by some critics.[28] Eidos Montreal's Jonathan Jacques-Belletete responded in an interview that he felt the complaints were "ridiculous" and justified the use of the term as appropriate for the game since the Deus Ex franchise is about human nature, which has historically repeated trends of segregation.[29] Mary DeMarle, the executive narrative director of the game, responded to the controversy by saying that they are trying to present the issues of the world without judging anyone for their actions.[30][31] Gilles Matouba, the former director of the game and a black Frenchman, added that the term was coined by him and Andre Vu, an Asian Frenchman who is the brand director of the Deus Ex franchise and they wanted to offer the audience something unique and something that was close and personal to them. He continued, saying that racism was a dark part of human nature and they wanted to treat this subject. He also scorned those who had criticized the developers for using the term, especially those who had suggested they were all white.[30]

The usage of the term "Augs Live Matter" in the game caused controversy; with critics alleging it was trying to appropriate the Black Lives Matter movement including BioWare designer Manveer Heir who claimed the game's narrative might come across as anti-black even if it was not. Vu however denied the accusations claiming the phrase was coined before the movement started and stated that it was an "unfortunate coincidence".[32][33][34] Carolyn Petit writing for Feminist Frequency termed the alleged appropriation of the movement as "outrageous".[35]
    Lol... Haven't played a deus ex game since the original, but I want to try this now.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    I didn't like it because of the beats.

yea, contemplating getting it this weekend

Banned

Pass. Content was cut to make 2 games.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

It's really good as far as I can tell after playing the first 5 hours. If you haven't played HR, play that first, because that's a great game.
    "I hate them and I wish death among them!" - Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017...how-favorites/

With this recent sale you can get it for $17 (regular full game) or $23 (digital deluxe edition)

I might try it out

do it,this game is tbe truth

I didn't like it tbh....
    I bought it used from Gamestop about a month ago and returned it a couple days later. Not to say other's might like it

i think the mechanics is the big reason i couldnt get into deus ex, bothered me too much

witcher 3 is probably top 3 games I've played in my life. It will be VERY slow for maybe your first 3-5 hours, then trust me, once you get comfortable the game is amazing. took me a couple years to beat lol

I think the gameplay mechanics are the best thing about the past two Deus Ex games. There's something really fluid about the way it plays. I specifically like the way you can impose all kinds of moral rules on the way you play. If that makes sense. You kind of got to make the game harder on yourself by sticking to certain rules. Like keeping things non lethal or make sure no enemy ever sees you.
    "I hate them and I wish death among them!" - Mahatma Gandhi