Thread: Feb 17th's Ft. Lauderdale Show

Thumbs up Feb 17th's Ft. Lauderdale Show

Wu rocked shit last night in South FL! The crowd was P.E.A.C.E. as usual... Well until they put on that Laffy Taffy shit, which was funny as hell! The only bad thing I can say is that the venue's sound system was wack, plus Wu needs to start doin sound checks for real... Oh, plus they changed song right before Masta Killa's verse on 'Glaciers of Ice'... Undoubtedly the hottest verse on that joint! Also, what's up with making us wait all night? I'm pushin 370, and every time I see a Wu-Tang show I'm standing there stagnant not being able to lean against shit for hours upon hours multiplied by more hours! If they really want wild energy out of the crowd then they should arrive a little earlier. Other than that it was a good show, not the best show I've seen from em' from good.
    Last edited by TheMASSIVE; 02-19-2006 at 04:30 PM.

You tellin me I was the only bastard from the forum there?!?

Default Ft. L. show

Yo... I was at the show (I don't post on here much). I thought the show was tight. There were definitely some sound problems though. The mics were way too low. But they had a lot of energy and that made up for it for the most part. I wish the DJs told us what time they were gonna come on instead of teasing everyone for 3 1/2 hours. That was pretty fucking lame. The opening act was horrible. Cappa really brought it... he had some of the best verses of the night. I was happy to hear a bunch of tracks from Forever, especially It's Yourz which was fire. U-God and Deck were impressive as well. Overall it was pretty damn good, but could have been better if they had worked out the problems with the sound system at the beginning. Peace

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

your pushin 370 dog???????????????

word up man i liked everything except waiting for hours and the dj putting the damn same songs plus they were putting music from 50 cent wut was that f 50 cent

L~>1<~NKS

DJ's started off ok once we stepped outside - but lost steam halfway through the wait. Tour buses finally arrived which was a very good sign after 2 hours of hearing the same cuts.

I knew the clan would show up late but got damn 3+ hours. Good thing a got all 4 of my drinks @ once cause that shit was so deep you couldn't walk back to the bar. And that chronic was fiyah - shout to Lyve Yer and Mef for the demo. (Mef was incredible)

I cant get over the attendance, not only did they fill the floor and VIP which where pretty big but there were heads lookin on off a parking garage 1/2 a mile away!

After all the bullshit for 3 hours - they step in..... 1 word: classic.

Peeace to the gods and thanks. I'll be posting my pics soon.

Quote Originally Posted by L1NKS
    DJ's started off ok once we stepped outside - but lost steam halfway through the wait. Tour buses finally arrived which was a very good sign after 2 hours of hearing the same cuts.

I knew the clan would show up late but got damn 3+ hours. Good thing a got all 4 of my drinks @ once cause that shit was so deep you couldn't walk back to the bar. And that chronic was fiyah - shout to Lyve Yer and Mef for the demo. (Mef was incredible)

I cant get over the attendance, not only did they fill the floor and VIP which where pretty big but there were heads lookin on off a parking garage 1/2 a mile away!

After all the bullshit for 3 hours - they step in..... 1 word: classic.

Peeace to the gods and thanks. I'll be posting my pics soon.
    haha, was their people standing outside the venue and listening? that sounds ill, can't wait for the pictures

L~>1<~NKS

Don't know if you've ever been to Ft. Liqadale (Ft. Lauderdale) it's just north of Miami). But we call it "Liqadale" for a reason this is the spot that makes South Beach obsolete. I mean you've got the regular weekend massive on this spot called the Riverwalk plus you got Wu heads in and out of the venue. It was fuckin incredible son.