Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sony Announces the PlayStation 4 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    I went to about 8 different panels & demos for start-up week mon. - fri. (even though I'm small agency)

The VR one which allowed me to demo the Oculus Rift was cool and more or less a hypothetical and philosophical discussion about the medium and it's future implications for stuff like atrophy.

I think their demo VR environment was rushed and built in the free version of Unity which is limited. The goggles were disorienting and would probably cause motion sickness or a migraine after 20 mins. The industry has a long way to go. I'm more interested in Magic Leap which is an AR company - something Tim Cook is betting heavily on considering his rivals Google and Alibaba invested almost $1B into this one secretive company.

AR is going to be a better bet than VR because of real world applications. Nobody has successfully shown the commercial potential of VR. I also don't think people will never accept faggoty VR goggles and they'll have limited/novelty popularity for at least the whole of my lifetime. I have beef with 'wearables'.

Btw where do you get your business news?
    Last edited by TSA; 09-18-2016 at 02:52 PM.

I'm loyal to Nintendo so its cool to see them shifting on PS and XBOX as far as innovation. I haven't looked at it but they have a mario game where you make your own mario levels and people can play them. That, Pokémon go, and the world they're creating for the new Zelda game are all pretty smart.

The main problem with this current gen of consoles is not necessarily power but the actual games themselves. There been a genuine lack of blockbuster releases that are actually good, only a handful lived up to the hype. Most games are released too early and are full of bugs.

People expect innovation in gameplay when a new Gen comes out, thats why everyone got a massive boner over No Man's Sky. People expected a legit space game with depth but got something that was empty.

Banned

The problem with the current generation of consoles is that they're essentially trying to turn consoles in to un-upgradable low end computers. Sony just said that it was PC and not Xbox that "inspired them" to get this latest console out, while they turn around and don't implement modding leaving the most modded games - Bethesda games - as the clear inferior version on any platform. So who is their target audience? They're not targeting the plug and play crowd with their new consoles every 2-3 years, they're not swaying people to stat with Sony over building a PC because they're not pro-modding - which doesn't stop people from going to Xbox - and there's a new console 2-3 years later and you could've invested the same money and blew it out of the water. They rushed this machine to beat out Xbox, no matter what bullshit they say.

Microsoft has said the future is PC gaming and they basically want the Xbox whatever it is to live on and be upgradeable I guess, that will remain to be seen but that in itself is a clear statement of Microsoft's intention, throw in the F2P Forza game and possible Halo on PC game. Sooooo where's the incentive to get either? They're not sticking to what got them to where they are and Nintendo stuck too close to their nice by naming their console the most ridiculous name ever.

To be fair to the people upset at no mans sky they were fed the lies from the developer directly so while the game didn't meet expectation the expectation existed because the developer said it was this way and that way. But consoles in general bring down game quality and multi platform are always downgraded for the highly inferior Xbox. That's why modding is so important with Bethesda games because they fix all the shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    4K isn't a buzzword it's a resolution standard that has been around since the early 2000's in the film industry.

People working with film and video use the DCI standard (4096 × 2160 pixels)

Recent TV's and computer monitors use the UHD-1 standard (3840 x 2160 pixels) or 2160p if you want to call it that.

Should I not be impressed by tvs now supporting a higher pixel density?
    This isn't the film industry lol it's a buzz word relative to gaming because it's being used as a marketing tool to sell an underpowered machine that can't do what people think it can do. Be impressed by what you want you won't be playing any game 4K on a PS4 whatever it's called, you won't even be able to do 1080p 60fps.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    I'm loyal to Nintendo so its cool to see them shifting on PS and XBOX as far as innovation. I haven't looked at it but they have a mario game where you make your own mario levels and people can play them. That, Pokémon go, and the world they're creating for the new Zelda game are all pretty smart.
    Nintendo is the shit. They know their niche and they cater to it and they generally produce fun games. Too bad they named it the WiiU and made people think it was an unnecessary accessory to the Wii lol
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by HANZO View Post
    The main problem with this current gen of consoles is not necessarily power but the actual games themselves. There been a genuine lack of blockbuster releases that are actually good, only a handful lived up to the hype. Most games are released too early and are full of bugs.

People expect innovation in gameplay when a new Gen comes out, thats why everyone got a massive boner over No Man's Sky. People expected a legit space game with depth but got something that was empty.
    This. Who is gonna fork out €400 for a Bloodborne machine. Where are the games? Pretty much anything on PS4 is either a remaster of a PS3 game or can be played on Xbone or PC.
    "I hate them and I wish death among them!" - Mahatma Gandhi

4K mostly allows for gaming on bigger screens, but even the faster PC's can barely do 60 fps in 4K. 4K is a meme right now.
    "I hate them and I wish death among them!" - Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by #StonerSloth View Post
    Nintendo is the shit. They know their niche and they cater to it and they generally produce fun games. Too bad they named it the WiiU and made people think it was an unnecessary accessory to the Wii lol
    Yeah, they've kept it about games and game play. The Wii was gay but it worked for them so it's whatever. I can never get in PS or Xbox because they're way more about graphics and clarity than actual games and rely on shooters to survive. I really don't give a fuck how 'clear' a game is though that seems to be the main focus for PS and Xbox.

SNES was my childhood so I'm happy to see that they're the more innovative of the bunch right now. I don't play games regularly anymore though but I'm still team nintendo. The new Zelda might bring my interest back

yeah ill probably buy a nintendo console solely for that new Zelda at some point

{>____<}