Being from the last generation that remembers the importance of grabbing a quarter for the payphone before we went out, this following post might be my age or non tech savy self typing. Sorry if that be the case.

For about 2 years now I have been a regular smartphone user. I have noticed (I guess the right word would be) phenomenon - where my cache, cookies, browser history could all be freshly cleared and my phone is in my pocket for some time. I could be talking or thinking about a location that I need to get to for my job, and the second I open up the Maps application to punch in an address, the exact place I need to go appears as a destination. The voice recognition feature is never turned on either. It creeps me out so I make sure to deactivate it everywhere.

If this happened just once or twice, I'd dust this off as some coincidence but this is happening more frequently outside of the Maps application as well.

Without sounding like a tin foil hat wearing fat bald guy living in mom's basement (I know the meme is coming faggot), is there some technology we don't know about reading brainwaves? If you have similar experiences, I'd like to hear about them.