Thread: Y-Kim

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Default Y-Kim

Whatever happened to Y-Kim? Is he still online somewhere?

he disappeared from everywhere after this as far as i know LOL

really wish he had more material out there, ILL figure.. listening to that interview it's interesting how he says that not only "From Then Till Now" beat was for Ghost, but there also was several tracks supposed to go on "The Pick, The Sickle & The Shovel". that's something that really would've worked i would imagine

Edit: listening further, It's also quite amazing that not only did Y-Kim basically create Wu-Tang, he is also the man behind M.O.P. and DR Period's success and sound

at 18:30 - "If i was a negative nigga, maybe i'd felt the negative effect", stated in one of the most negative sounding interviews ever haha
    Last edited by claaa7; 09-14-2016 at 09:00 AM.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Peace CT

Y-Kim created Wu-Tang ? Peace

SHAOLIN STUDENT

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    he disappeared from everywhere after this as far as i know LOL

really wish he had more material out there, ILL figure.. listening to that interview it's interesting how he says that not only "From Then Till Now" beat was for Ghost, but there also was several tracks supposed to go on "The Pick, The Sickle & The Shovel". that's something that really would've worked i would imagine

Edit: listening further, It's also quite amazing that not only did Y-Kim basically create Wu-Tang, he is also the man behind M.O.P. and DR Period's success and sound

at 18:30 - "If i was a negative nigga, maybe i'd felt the negative effect", stated in one of the most negative sounding interviews ever haha
    If he created Wu why none of them give him credit for this ? I do think he was a good producer and he produced some strange and dark beats, that is all I have to say ! If he was that good, he would be famous. Did M.O.P give him credit for anything ?
    Last edited by The blackma; 09-14-2016 at 05:01 PM.

it was a joke

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

I remember dat interview. It was fucken hilariously delusional shit.

He did some classic beats back in tha day. I remember I bought his cdr off chambermusik after that interview where he was talking about how he was gonna change the game, and it was some dodgy compilation of old throw aways. I have absolutely no recollection of even one single track from that cd lolz.

Your fav. artist's artist fatboybrandon's Avatar

"We're off to seeee The RZAaaaaa! The wonderful RZA of OZ.."

One too many hilarious quotes from that interview. There's another good audio interview of Y-Kim up on Chambermusik with Timbo King, it's more serious though talking about his accomplishments as a producer. I look forward to hearing more from him.

BlessedRThoseWhoStruggle Wu Apprentice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    it was a joke
    lmao
    "The devil trembles when he knows the body is the temple and God is in you
    It's hard to continue when it's hard to offend you
    He snarls and sets traps, that have you setback
    The last round in this death match
    So strengthen where you're best at
    I promise you won't regret that" - Killah Priest

Shaolin Master

Does anyone have Method Man's response to that interview? I remember Meth going in on Y-Kim on some radio show (it wasn't Chambermusik).

Your fav. artist's artist fatboybrandon's Avatar

I remember the Meth response being part of an audio interview that I saw up on WorldStar, it was funny. Haven't heard that one in years.