Thread: Nintendo 64 twenty year anniversary.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Default Nintendo 64 twenty year anniversary.

Nintendo's third home console dropped two decades ago today. Super Mario 64 was mind blowing at the time. The Resident Evil 2 port is one of my favorite games on the system. Critics and fans hated on Castlevania 64, but it was still my joint. Killer Instinct Gold is the only good fighting game on the system. Cannot forget Goldeneye 007 proved that a first person shooter is possible on consoles if handled properly. I will always remember having twenty people crammed into my little ass room back in the late nineties passing around Nintendo 64 controllers playing this for hours. I may pull mine out of the closet today for the head rush of nostalgia.
    Last edited by David Daniel Davis; 09-29-2016 at 08:19 AM.

yeah lots of great memories on N64
    Goldeneye has to forever be in the top 5 console games of all time, I couldnt fathom how many hours I mustve put into that game solo and playing multiplayer with friends

I remember before I owned the system I used to save up what little change I had in grade school just to rent a N64 system and Goldeneye for a few days a bunch of times

playing it nowadays with the N64 controls is ridiculous though lol

Still got my N64, the system has some truly classic games. The 2 Zelda games are epic, Goldeneye, Mario 64, Perfect Dark, Donkey Kong 64, Banjo-Kazooie, Conkers bad fur day, Mario Kart, F-Zero X, fucking Diddy Kong racing which had one of the hardest final bosses ever. The system also had the best Wrestling game to date WWF No Mercy.

For a system that was considered backward because of the cartridges it brought a lot of innovation with it. Open world games, multiplayer, the analog stick on the monstrous controller, the rumble pack. There was even a hardware add-on if you got Donkey Kong 64, you got that red expansion pack cause the game wouldn't work with the standard hardware.

^that list is perfect but where's Super Smash Bros? Do things one their own terms is why I like Nintendo

the 64 was the retarded step brother of consoles. call me shallow or whatever, but i couldn't play games with that clunky, star ship enterprize, brick of a controller.

although i vaguely remember a few drunken nights on golden eye
    Liberalism is totalitarianism with a human face

Quote Originally Posted by Machete View Post
    the 64 was the retarded step brother of consoles. call me shallow or whatever, but i couldn't play games with that clunky, star ship enterprize, brick of a controller.

although i vaguely remember a few drunken nights on golden eye
    What you prefered that shitty fucking PS1 controller?!

Yeah this was the best console. The controller function was great, just that the D-Pad was usually unnecessary. But a lot of my favorite games are on the 64. I played the shit out of GoldenEye, Extreme G, Starfox and the others mentioned. Any recommendations for underrated 64 games? I got a few good ones like F-Zero and Conker on ebay a few years ago.

Twenty five years ago today!!!!

The ABBOTT

Great console. Proably best Nintendo console outside of the original NES. Still, PS1 was and is better gaming system in my experience.

Yeah, PlayStation and PlayStation II definitely brought gaming into the mainstream world.

the only problem is N64 literally doesn't have a single RPG, unlike SNES and PS1 which had tons of them

Yeah, Square and Enix bounced on them to PlayStation because Nintendo wanted to stick with cartridges and they would not have been able to fit enough information onto a cartridge, so they went with the better format for themselves.

The ABBOTT

Zelda,Ocarina of time had rpg elements, maybe not a true rpg but that is N64 classic.

Yeah, one day I am going to have to take some time and try to beat that. I hear the water temple is a bitch

Quote Originally Posted by b-dolo View Post
    Zelda,Ocarina of time had rpg elements, maybe not a true rpg but that is N64 classic.
    Adventure not RPG

Definitely a good game though