Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: When you realize all of GFK's lame singles are dope

fresh from the kitchen CL2coming's Avatar

The "OG version" everyone refers to it is just a remix. Hence why the Carl Thomas vocals don't fit the melody. At all.

The album version is the OG version.

The best version is the 9th Wonder remix.

Quote Originally Posted by CL2coming View Post
    The "OG version" everyone refers to it is just a remix. Hence why the Carl Thomas vocals don't fit the melody. At all.

Exactly. The so called 'OG' version never sounded right with the vocals and the beat. So I could never believe that that was supposed to be the original. Also, the production & mixing on that album version is actually fucking solid.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post

yeah the OG version is nice too
    Which version is ^THIS^? I like it better than the video/LP version.

That's the original version. I think it didn't get sample clearance. I like it better too than the version that ended up on the album.

Shaolin Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    That's the original version. I think it didn't get sample clearance. I like it better too than the version that ended up on the album.
    Wrong. Like others have mentioned in this thread, the album/video version is the original version.

The version people keep calling the "original version" is a fan made remix slapping together the accapella from the NBTSA single and a beat that Choo the Specializt put online that he submitted for the song but Ghost never used.

Hi Buddah_MAC, I didn't see your earlier post there at the top of this page when I posted my reply to Jet Set's question, sorry.

I stand corrected.

I gotta say I still like the one with the Choo beat tacked onto it better.

Peace.

@Jet Set : sorry for providing you with info that was wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Buddah_MAC View Post
    Wrong. Like others have mentioned in this thread, the album/video version is the original version.

The version people keep calling the "original version" is a fan made remix slapping together the accapella from the NBTSA single and a beat that Choo the Specializt put online that he submitted for the song but Ghost never used.
    So that is the story about that. I recall something like that back in the day though.

And no hard feelings @Hal

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    ^ you really thought that BPW was that bad Noel? I certainly did not.. i think it's a great album.. granted I NEVER listen to that mess of an album the way it was released, but instead the way it was supposed to be heard if that fucking Epic label didn't fuck things up.

http://claaa7.blogspot.com/2012/06/g...allets-c7.html

"Flowers" on the retail was HORRIBLE, amateur hour - but the original RZA version was excellent. "The Sun", "The Forest", "Maxine", "The Watch", "The Juks", "The Hilton", "Good Times", "Strawberry", and that amazing "ICE" intermission, and even fucking "Jealousy" haha - all classic Ghost... and the other tracks like "Theodore" (especially with the preceding "Theodore Skit") and "Walking Through The Darkess" and "Never Be The Same Again" as already stated are nice enough tracks imo... the only real stinker is "Ghost Showers" imo.... the retail version on the other hand, is badly sequenced, misses out on some of the best songs and have "Love Sessions" with sucks... they did add "Street Chemistry" as an outro though which was cool.

presented as I did on my blog (after MUCH research on original tracklists, interviews, etc.) and listening to it much like this, i see this as a coherrent and logical follow up to "SUpreme Clientele" and the last time RZA and Ghost truly collaborated for an album. just like on "SC" all songs were produced and arranged by RZA after they had received the beats (though RZA prduced like 5-6 joints as well)
    Can anyone reupload this version? The sendspace link at Claaa7's site is dead.

I remember buying the retail version on CD. I think I burned the advance copy and put it in the jewel case on top the regular cd.

I have an "advance" version and a "promo" version if anyone is interested.

Advance:

Promo:

Thanks.

Is 'I need ya honey' (track 10 on the promo) a skit or a song, Sense A? That title is new to me. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sense-A View Post
    Can anyone reupload this version? The sendspace link at Claaa7's site is dead.

I remember buying the retail version on CD. I think I burned the advance copy and put it in the jewel case on top the regular cd.

I have an "advance" version and a "promo" version if anyone is interested.

Advance:

Promo:

Thanks.
    Let me know is this works for you https://www.dropbox.com/t/QBtrCJc8wQUQEKP6

Quote Originally Posted by CL2coming View Post

I kind of forgot all about this version. I just had another listen thanks to your post and it is indeed a fly version, kind of exotic sounding, slightly bossa nova even.

whosampledwho pointed me to the origin

it's funny how the 9th version makes the Ghost track sound more bossa nova than the sample source
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 09-13-2020 at 03:08 AM.

"I Need Ya Honey" is probably "The Hilton" since the vocal sample in "The Hilton" repeats just that - I need ya honey.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutman View Post
    "I Need Ya Honey" is probably "The Hilton" since the vocal sample in "The Hilton" repeats just that - I need ya honey.
    Oh right, thanks!