Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: When you realize all of GFK's lame singles are dope

pretty much agree with Mumm Ra.... when i was younger i had a problem with "Never Be The Same Again", now i love that joint, partly because Ghost really came through on it, Rae had a nice lil' verse, i don't mind Carl Thomas, and especially that i can relate nowadays.. don't fuck with "Love Session" on BPW though, can't get into that beat at all

"Baby" and a large chunk of "Wizard Of Poetry" is definitely ill and i like Raheem Devaughn. The Ron Browz joint is FUCKING horrible. "Back Like That" i always liked, despite disliking Ne-Yo. kind of a guilty pleasure.. i always skip it on whatever other album it appeared on though (like WOP). "Momma" from 'Fishscale' is a great song too.

i can't stand "Tush" though haha, fuck that.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by Mumm Ra View Post
    and he's pretty much never done anything wrong musically
    Astronomical lolz

For somebody who's never done anything wrong musically, it sure is taking me a while to forgive him for BPW (ie. I never will).

^ you really thought that BPW was that bad Noel? I certainly did not.. i think it's a great album.. granted I NEVER listen to that mess of an album the way it was released, but instead the way it was supposed to be heard if that fucking Epic label didn't fuck things up.

http://claaa7.blogspot.com/2012/06/g...allets-c7.html

"Flowers" on the retail was HORRIBLE, amateur hour - but the original RZA version was excellent. "The Sun", "The Forest", "Maxine", "The Watch", "The Juks", "The Hilton", "Good Times", "Strawberry", and that amazing "ICE" intermission, and even fucking "Jealousy" haha - all classic Ghost... and the other tracks like "Theodore" (especially with the preceding "Theodore Skit") and "Walking Through The Darkess" and "Never Be The Same Again" as already stated are nice enough tracks imo... the only real stinker is "Ghost Showers" imo.... the retail version on the other hand, is badly sequenced, misses out on some of the best songs and have "Love Sessions" with sucks... they did add "Street Chemistry" as an outro though which was cool.

presented as I did on my blog (after MUCH research on original tracklists, interviews, etc.) and listening to it much like this, i see this as a coherrent and logical follow up to "SUpreme Clientele" and the last time RZA and Ghost truly collaborated for an album. just like on "SC" all songs were produced and arranged by RZA after they had received the beats (though RZA prduced like 5-6 joints as well)

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

i got a .FLAC version of the original "Bulletproof Wallets" on my home computer, but unforutnately I can't find the original "Good Times".. i could use "Good Times Pt. 2", but that doesn't feature Raekwon and i want to keep as much Rae as intended on the original album - he's on like 9 tracks on the "real" version, hence the [guest featurring: Raekwon] on the cover.. in fact it was recorded in Miami as "Cuban Linx II: Bulletproof Wallets"

can't agree with Ghost never done anything weak musically though LOL, there's been plenty of weak Ghost joints haha. he's good at putting together albums though

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    ^ you really thought that BPW was that bad Noel?
    It's not about how 'bad' it was. It's the whole homo vibe of it. The direction he took with it. What he was trying to do with that album (and failed fucking miserably BTW). For me that album is the most embarrassing piece of wu-tang history. I expected it to be the end for Ghost, and for me it really was.

ok I'll agree Ghost put out some weak joints (I happen to think BPW is a good album, quite a bit better than the Pretty Tony album)

but imo he's never put out anything straight up BAD. Like A Better Tomorrow Bad, or even 8 Diagrams Bad which still has a couple good songs
    Last edited by Mumm Ra; 10-07-2016 at 07:18 AM.

I find it hard to comprehend enjoying any of ghost's post SC albums (up to more fish. I haven't heard anything since that) more than 8D, but each to their own. Even ABT, which I agree was forgettable, is a lot more memorable and enjoyable than anything ghost's done since SC, to me.

I guess that's whats good about Wu, something for everybody
    I don't even re-visit ABT or 8 Diagrams ever, or even Iron Flag tbh, but I still play tracks off BPW (pretty often actually) and really every GFK album once in a while

nada ignorante

BPW is ill man. Noel is just hating acting like he aint ever heard The Hilton
    N.I.

Veteran Member

honestly, I listened to bpw one time back in the day and never really gave it a chance. Years later I got hooked on the forest and a few other tracks...so I bought the album. That is his best album to me besides iron man, sc, fishscale, and maybe more fish. I think the rest of his albums are trash (at least I cannot think of any other solos I think are decent)

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

I never had a problem with any of the tracks OP posted. People act surprised when he comes out with these type of singles but he's had one on pretty much all of his projects to date. I think people hear a softer beat and an rnb hook and immediately write the track off, without really checking for ghost's part.

However I must say what were they thinking putting out a single with Missy Elliot about butt seks?

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

There is a fucking enormous difference between all I got is you and never be straight again. The latter is straight up homo only soft r & b with gay rapping over it, whereas the former is a powerful, emotional song.

Even Cher chez, yeah it's poppy, and it's not a very good song at all tbh, but it's not at all offensive, but ghost showers for example is a full on gay pride anthem. Just plain cock sucking music.

On a more positive note, tho fish gills was an entirely forgettable album, those 2 singles from it were good pop songs.