Thread: New Wu-Tang Clan Remix Project

just like the previous NeYon SheLL project this one sheds a whole new light on some of the songs that are most familiar to us

classic wu tracks like Da Mystery of Chessboxin & Uzi (Pinky Ring) sound totally different. in fact - at least for me - the new beats make me pay more attention to the lyrics

I just finished listening to this remix project for the first time, favorites after one spin include the aforementioned 'Uzi (Pinky Ring)', uptempo and happy sounding 'Shimmy shimmy ya', the jazzy 'Beneath the surface' and the very different sounding 'I Can't Wait'

'Assassination Day' is a great example of how a different beat can totally change the mood of a song despite keeping the lyrics. to my ears it almost sounds like a blues song now instead of a high energy all out war track

the closing track 'PLO style' gets a bleek, abstract sounding beat that perfectly fits the lyrics' atmosphere. so it stills preserves the spirit of a wu cut

the tracks that preserve the wu soundscape even closer imo are 'Waters of Nazareth' and 'We Can't Be Touched'. In fact this version of 'We Can't Be Touched' sounds like it comes straight from a Sunz Of Man album.

just like the first installment these are all quality beats that make you take another look at some of the songs you know so well

part one is still for sale on the bandcamp page too. don't miss out
    Retired.

wanna add that 'Mighy Healthy' has a wu vibe as well
    Retired.

7 Golden Vampirez Poison Flowerz!'s Avatar

mASTERFUL WORK ON *WE CANT BE TOUCHED* AND *THE SHOOTOUT*

Thanks Lee & Poison. I think this is my favorite project I've done so far, although I've got a mostly instrumental project which is coming along well as well as a bunch of remixes and junk.

Yeah my favorite here is PLO Style. lt came together nice, although it is pretty bleak and abstract like you said Lee.

ill tell you why im digging this shit, because for once, something fresh and different and not some pretentious wannabe wutang sounding shit, you got your lane, i respect it, sounds like some interstellar futuristic shit

^ Thanks Radio. Yeah I went with the spacey style especially on Uzi because GZA is talking about space and dark matter and thats the type of spacey beat I'd want on his dark matter album.

Sunz Of Man - We Can't Be Touched remix.