Thread: Smoke DZA & Pete Rock drops collabo LP... first single here

Default Smoke DZA & Pete Rock drops collabo LP... first single here

Pete Rock and Smoke DZA‘s Don’t Smoke Rock campaign has officially begun today. The album, originally announced early this year, is poised to celebrate the grit and gall of NYC’s sonic lineage. For our first taste of the new project, the generation-spanning duo recruit buzzworthy Harlem MC Dave East for the new single “Limitless.”

It’s a sure departure from the soul-chopping Petestrumental type productions, but PR proves he’s more than capable of big flashy compositions with this joint, and DZA’s hazy delivery ceratinly pairs well. You can hear the first single from Pete Rock and Smoke DZA’s upcoming Don’t Smoke Rock LP down below along with the album’s full track listing. If it’s good to ya, pick up your copy on iTunes today ahead of the album’s releease.

i'm always down for some Pete Rock.. interesting!

https://soundcloud.com/babygrande/sm...-in-stores-122

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Yes to Pete Rock, not so much for Smoke DZA

^ i have never really checked for Smoke DZA.. his shit doesn't interest me much either but i'm down for Pete Rock full-length LP prodction

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Y'all crazy Smoke dza is dope.

^ he might very well be.. it's just that i have never checked for him. i think the only song i heard from him was "Achieve" to check out the Pete Rock production. he's not bad but he didn't grab me right out of the gate. we'll see with this album though

This album is growing on me. Smoke DZA does his thing and Pete Rocks production is dope and not the same old shit he usually does.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherSl!me View Post
    Y'all crazy Smoke dza is dope.
    Agreed. The man can rap..

Dope album. The chemistry is awesome and I think they could have a great future as a duo.

That being said Pete said that theres a Pete & CL LP coming... I'm sceptical but then I didn't believe the Tribe LP would happen after 18 years so who knows? CL is definitely a guy who you wonder what the fuck happened. Hes as good as any other rapper I can think of and he just disappeared for some reason.

I completely missed this but this album is hard!

Like many others Smoke DZA never really did anything for me but this joint album works really well. Pete Rock laced him with some dope beats and they sound great as a duo.

I'll even check for some more Smoke DZA after this.

De mijne is 4x duurder!