Thread: (key)lime water benefits etc

Default (key)lime water benefits etc

10 Reasons to Make Your Own Alkaline Water Using Lime

I want to start off saying that there's nothing better than the alkaline water that pours from the center of the earth, forming God's beautiful rivers. But not all of us have the luxury to live close enough to such rivers to get access to their liquid gold. There are options like Eternal and Fiji, which are both taken directly from alkaline water sources, which I do recommend.

However, I don't recommend that you use an ionizing machine or drink alkaline water that says ionized or electrolytes added. These are unnatural forms of alkaline water and from what I've heard, comes with consequences.

The next best thing to the real thing is to use lime (rather than lemons, since they are hybrid and unnatural). I'll give you 10 reasons why you should drink warm lime water every morning and how to make it. Read on!

Why Warm Lime Water is So Great for Your Body

Drinking a glass of warm lime water in the morning time provides a host of benefits for your body. It is practiced in Asia as a way to help stimulate digestion and eliminate toxins that are known to build up inside of your gastro-intestinal tract. But that's not all. Here are the 10 reasons why I recommend drinking this stuff before you even consume breakfast or a smoothie.

Lime acts like saliva and hydrochloic acid, which helps to break down food, thus making digestion better.
    It helps your liver to produce more enzymes than any other food or probiotic, which is needed for proper digestion as well.
    Lime water stimulates and purifies your liver, helping bile flow better by liquidizing it.
    Limes have lots of potassium, which is a mineral that works harmoniously with sodium to stimulate electrical transmission in your nervous system and brain. This means it will help with your memory, depression, fogginess and anxiety issues. And since your heart needs these electrical signals produced by potassium, it can also improve the health of your heart.
    It can help your bowels eliminate easily and naturally, making it great for those with constipation or irregular bowel movements.
    There's a great ratio of calcium and magnesium inside of lime water, which can make your heart stronger (magnesium) and prevent rickets (calcium).
    High blood pressure can be lowered by drinking lime water.
    It helps to alkalize your body, raising it's pH level to above 7.0. This is great because the more alkaline you are, the more resistant your body will be to minor and major illnesses (why I promote the alkaline diet!)
    It assists with dilution of uric acid, which is what accumulates in your joints, leading to arthritis pain and gout.
    Gets rid of mucus in your body (remember, mucus is where all illnesses thrive. Get rid of the mucus, get rid of the disease -- being alkaline is the key!)

How to make your lime water

I suggest you only use filtered fluoride-free water or spring water. You only need a half lime squeezed into a half glass of warm water. Don't add any sweetener. To help get all of the juice out, you can use a lime squeezer.

Another option is to place the half lime inside of heated water inside of a thermos and allow it to sit overnight. Then in the morning, drink it down right away.

It's best to drink your cup of warm water in the morning time. I'd say do it at least an hour before eating (you don't want to drink right before eating or during because it interrupts proper digestion).

So you can use this as your morning fix of alkaline water until you can get your hands on the real deal!

Bonus tip, I think you should buy pH level test strips to test the pH level of your water before and afterward

I heard quite the opposite. To use lemons instead of limes. I drink lemon water every morn with a dash of hymalayian pink salt to keep my pH up.
    Liberalism is totalitarianism with a human face

After further research, lemons contain twice the amount of vitamin C than limes. What is this ("hybrid = trash") you went on about?
    Liberalism is totalitarianism with a human face

the body doesn't assimilate minerals properly from hybrid foods apparently

got it from the article mentioned