Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Civilization 5

Default Civilization 5

I've had this game on my gaming rig for a bit now and ignoring it, fired it up 2 days Ago and omfg I'm addicted , started the game 8 and went to bed at 3 am, I shit u not, i highly recommend this.

Banned

After 2,000 hours played in 5 I'm not going to upgrade to 6 yet.

The only downside to Civ 5 is on deity it becomes a requirement to play tall tradition after ICS was nerfed
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    I've had this game on my gaming rig for a bit now and ignoring it, fired it up 2 days Ago and omfg I'm addicted , started the game 8 and went to bed at 3 am, I shit u not, i highly recommend this.
    lmao. Are you sure you're not a millenial?
    We do it for the people.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    After 2,000 hours played in 5 I'm not going to upgrade to 6 yet.

The only downside to Civ 5 is on deity it becomes a requirement to play tall tradition after ICS was nerfed
    Yea me either, definitely will get 6 some time in the future, dope game by all accounts thi

Quote Originally Posted by food for thought View Post
    lmao. Are you sure you're not a millenial?
    Lmao nah

I'm a grown man with hobbies, that I go in on especially when the fiancé is outta town and I'm bored with all my side bitches .

nigga I threw away my entire education playing this game and don't regret a minute of it. I've played 2 day binges, only stopping to sleep and microwave sams club burritos.

I only played 3 and haven't touched it since cause I'm trying to be productive and useful in society but the temptation to turn back into a basement dw3llah with 5 and 6 is very high.

4 was too cartoony and gay for me
    Last edited by TSA; 11-14-2016 at 08:04 PM.

Used to son the shit out of the earth as the Zulus or Egyptians. Had a formula worked out for shitting on the globe at an early age.

I would soldier up at explore with a party of 6 Impi (early Zulu unit, NASTY). Once I found a new civilization I would attack that faggot from the jump.

They wouldn't be ready, and even if they repeal the attack they'll spend their critical years building soldiers to fight back and hiding workers. I would just tear up their roads and attack from a distance while actually developing a reasonable civilization back home. By the time the war would end they were stuck trying to survive the attack so they don't have the workers, developments, wonder etc needed to compete and I would come back soon after and start shitting on them again.

I didn't care if they were an hour away, if I found you it's on. It usually creates a situation where that civilization eventually becomes free pickings for me by the late bronze age.

Also, as soon as I'd find the faggot I would start building a road towards them. and guard the worker on unconquered land. By the time the road is finished it's a straight convenient shot towards shitting on them and you get the benefits of their wonders.

Banned

The best thing about the Zulu is the Impi takes the worst unit upgrade path (spearman > pikeman > lancer) and gives it the best because an Impi upgrades to a rifleman. It's ridiculous. In saying that Shaka is the worst cunt to have for a neighbour except Attila and Pocatello. There's nothing worse then finding Ulundi close to your capital and the fuckin Impi carpet of doom that follows.

China is an amazing war Civ too. You shit out great generals, your library actually makes money and the Chu Ku No can attack twice which is OP as fuck.

I always play as the Aztec. You get ridiculously high populations, Jaguars move through jungle easily and you get culture for killing enemies which stacks with the honor opener.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

That's wtf I'm talking about

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    The best thing about the Zulu is the Impi takes the worst unit upgrade path (spearman > pikeman > lancer) and gives it the best because an Impi upgrades to a rifleman. It's ridiculous. In saying that Shaka is the worst cunt to have for a neighbour except Attila and Pocatello. There's nothing worse then finding Ulundi close to your capital and the fuckin Impi carpet of doom that follows.

China is an amazing war Civ too. You shit out great generals, your library actually makes money and the Chu Ku No can attack twice which is OP as fuck.

I always play as the Aztec. You get ridiculously high populations, Jaguars move through jungle easily and you get culture for killing enemies which stacks with the honor opener.
    I can't stand being next to the Chinese lol. They're almost always the biggest competition/problem you'll ever have.

You have to play the game according to your civ and if you're Zulu, Mongol, Russian or American you have to go in swinging.

The French I noticed to exponentially better in the latter half of the game than the former. Egypt is good if you're playing nonaggrrssively. They build fast which makes or breaks the game. Put a granery in each city and you're solid.

During wars I like to catch as many workers as possible. They're just as important a's cities to me. Civ 3's main flaw was after a while having more cities was a liability which was absolutely gay because you find yourself having no reason to us larger maps.

I liked the larger maps because sailing is actually a challege though I HATE starting off on an island if I don't have at least 2 other neighbors

I'm interested in trying out the new civs (since 3).

Also when you're Zulu your cities build faster during war. If you can find some petty long distance war to be in at all times you'll be pretty formidable.

Yeah Civ games are really addictive I haven't played 6 yet but will get it once all the DLC and stuff are out.

My fav civ in 5 was the Huns, they are just so troll in the early game. I find that the most annoying neighbour is Alexander cause he just spams cities.

^same with the russians but they end up sucking throughout the game anyways for the most part. They're good to start as though because expansion is easy and you start with a settler which sets you ahead in the game like a muddfukka.

In 5 do you still get 'penalized' for having too many cities towards the end? in the modern era they become expensive and don't add much to your stats if you build new ones. They need to fix that because it's gay.

Banned

So cities punish you in the early game becauseof the happiness system being empire wide so when you go unhappy your growth slows down 75% and your production 2% for every point of unhappiness, so your growth can take a huge hit when you need it most early game. You'll be pretty fine in the late game for happiness with ideologies and hopefully a few happiness wonders you've stolen from the AI lol but the AI doesn't have that problem and pricks like Napolean will have 5 cities with you have 2 or Hiwaths will finish with about 15 cities

The Huns are great. One time I played as them and my warrior upgraded in to a battering ram from a ruin and on about turn 15 I had Sweden's capital hahaha their horse archers are great too because you don't need horses for them.

An underrated warmonger is Austria. Once on continents map I took over my continent and bribed everyone on the other continent to go to war with each other. I bought a city state and transported my army there and wiped that continent out too lol

Siam is probably the most annoying AI Civ of all time. This douche will always start a random crappy city in the middle of your lands when he's on the other side of the world

Everyone hates Greece but I never get him in my games. I've been landlocked by the Shoshone on my first immortal attempt which sucked lol

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

How do you typically start (first few moves). I think this determines the whole game. I can't get up to Diety mode without getting SONNED and ETHERED from the jump.

I think the highest I got was King or some shit like that.

If I start with Zulu I build a shit ton of warriors to begin with and base my science of the quickest route to Impi. By the time I have like 6-8 warrior I send them to my nearest neighbor. Once I send them (keeping 1 back). I start my second city, a worker, and hopefully at that point some Impi.

If I start as egypt, I built 2 warriors, then every infrustructural piece possible. until I have a decent population then I do a worker. I try to have 3 military units per city unless there's a war