Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RZA Says Ghostface Is Still In Charge Of Next Wu-Tang Album

SHAOLIN STUDENT

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Debbie Downer over here.

Wu still have enough profile to make something bigger and enough skill to make something better than ABT.

And Ghost Executive Produced a few Wu albums already, I believe he is most qualified.
    Hope is what makes us live ! They used to produce dope shit because Rza was on fire and Their cuban links were strong. They came as one ! Today each of them thinks he is a musical genius. They are no longer a band. I don't even think the best alchemist can produce a great album with them. I do think they could release a good or a decent album but that is all. When I want to listen to wu, I take my old albums. I used to buy everything they released in the golden era (1993-97). I didn't even need to listen because I knew it was a dope shit. I knew each of their albums was truly a band album. The last year I did that was 1999. Yeah Ghost is dope for himself, I don't think he can create miracles. They are tired it's time to retire. But Hope is what makes us live.

Hopefully he reaches out to 4th Disciple. The two 4th beats on ABT were by far the standouts. He should ask for full access to RZA's vaults and find some dusty old unused '95 beats, there must be loads! I'm dreaming here but if I was Ghost thats the first two things I would do.

Peace!

still on the fence about this

I think they just need RZA to get into really diggin into Shaw Brother movies to get samples and just make it epic... no movies, just music.

Throw Ya W's Up!
    Propz To Sean For Kickin' The God A Siggy

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    Ghost has lost his creative edge as well. Rza became lame but he's still visibly very creative. Ghost did have a bigger role in putting together the other wu albums than he's given credit for though. According to Divine he spent the most time in the studio learning how it was all done and making contributions than anyone else. Hence why he had a full body of work (Ironman) immediately ready after dropped Cuban Linx

RZA still has it...I just think hesforcing himself to grow..plus who knows ..maybe hes lost some steam to do as he used to...RZA got alot of shit, especially frm Rae about being too scientific as an MC back in the days...Whatever he does someones not happy ..So he might aswell do him.
    Guranteed if RZA was asked to make dark sound track for a film.about the streets and hard life youd see ..EG Listen Afro samurai or even further back as Ghostdog, RZA aint lost it..Hes just grown in his own direction..He tries to make what isnt easy for him...mainly probably cos most ppl be making similar to the dark shit he would make now..He birthed a production style that still exists in lots of hiphop especially underground.. If you a pioneeer, maybe you wana conitinue to pioneer or shy away from a sound that others be making also...And i Think Ghosts vision could be interesting, remember he was one pioneers of Wu..exec producer etc...Lets watch and see... Anyway enough of my waffle.. which most of you will probably rip me apart on lol Peace ..excuse the typos...writing in a packed and wobbly bus

^ agreed.. RZA still got bangers, and to my ears "A Better Tomorrow" is not a bad album. people are haiting way too much on that LP, it's actually ridiciolous..

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

^ totally re ABT, Its not perfect but a lot of good stuff.

Banned

Nah ABT musically sucks too. The album people hate on unfairly is 8D
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

nada ignorante

I acutally liked production on 8D.
    N.I.

8 Diagrams is pure greatness, especially the production. if you only like standard hip-hop i can see why someone might dislike it, but to me the whole vibe was refreshing as hell.. i probably played that shit front to back hundreds of time, one of my favorite Wu albums.

ABT is nothing close to as dope as that but it's pretty good though... that Banks and Steelz projects tho... not so much haha

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Banned

I grew to enjoy 8 Diagrams a lot over the years. I'm not sure if I love it and I'm not sure if I consider it Wu-Tang or a RZA solo but it's pretty dope and I thought it was nice on release but was itching for something of a throwback at the time.

But it copped a lot of shit too IIRC and still does. But I really can't see ABT gaming favour in the years to come. I really don't think that album has any redeeming qualities whereas 8D always had a couple of obviously dope tracks it was just the wait so long for an album and not getting something comparable to The W at least was disappointing at the time.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

8 Diagrams grew on me. And ABT isn't bad, it's just that you could feel the chemistry was off. Ghost and Deck in particular, sounded a bit flat and uninspired.

If Ghost is in charge of the next project, good things could come because I think a lot of the members are on the same page as he is with regards to the music.