Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RZA Says Ghostface Is Still In Charge Of Next Wu-Tang Album

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

Default RZA Says Ghostface Is Still In Charge Of Next Wu-Tang Album

Link - http://hiphopwired.com/2016/11/12/rz...g-album-video/

The RZA is not taking any of your questions about the status of the next Wu-Tang Clan album. You have to ask Ghostface Killah.

Earlier this year it was revealed that all hopes and wishes for a new Wu-Tang Clan album rested squarely on the shoulders of Ghostface Killah. With dissension brewing among the group over RZA’s musical direction over the last few years, RZA decided that it would be best to hand off the scepter to Ghostface, especially since he has been the most prolific member of the group.

RZA pretty much confirmed the decision earlier this week when he all but refused to answer any questions on the status of a new Wu-Tang album. He was a guest on Sway In The Morning and when a fan pressed him about new music, he shifted the responsibility to Ghost.

“You gotta address those questions to Ghostface Killah. He’s taken control over that,” he said.

He continued: “I told Ghost, if y’all wanna do it again, let’s put it in his hands; he’s been the most prolific, the one that’s really got feet on the ground in music…let’s go ahead let the best-qualified man do the job…I’m sure his way of doing things, everybody will feel. Ghost, you know, he only does music…I think that’s a nice focus that’ll be helpful.”

RZA does have a point. The reason why Ghost has emerged as the most productive rapper in the collective is because that is all he seems to do. No movies, no commercials, no inventions. He will film a threatening PSA in a hotel room if you talk slick about him though. But other than that, just music.

Check out the full interview below:

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

Shaolin Student

that's a good thing ghostface has a good ear for beats

Banned

Yeah ghost has a great ear for beats...for himself. Much different trying to fit it for 9 different people
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Shaolin Student

I think he would be more open to work with other members on picking the beats unlike rza who just wants his vision to be heard

TIL people still want wu tang albums, in 2016.

SHAOLIN STUDENT

Wu is over ! They have changed a lot, Voltron is dead ! Rza is dead ! They are just 8 niggaz who can't work together. They have lost the sacred fire of imagination !

Quote Originally Posted by The blackma View Post
    Wu is over ! They have changed a lot, Voltron is dead ! Rza is dead ! They are just 8 niggaz who can't work together. They have lost the sacred fire of imagination !
    Debbie Downer over here.

Wu still have enough profile to make something bigger and enough skill to make something better than ABT.

And Ghost Executive Produced a few Wu albums already, I believe he is most qualified.

Peace CT

Will never happen but I won't be mad if it does. But Ghost can't go that Wu-Block generic sound if this transpires. Peace

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    And Ghost Executive Produced a few Wu albums already, I believe he is most qualified.
    The most qualified ? Or perhaps one of the less unqualified ? I really don't see what he has done by his own that would let anyone believe he can handle the conception of a clan album. Furthermore in 2016. I hope it isn't his legendary ears for these 30 seconds sample based beats.

On the other hand, you have this :

http://www.infinitelooper.com/?v=sPh...0&p=n#/149;195

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by the blackma View Post
    wu is over ! They have changed a lot, voltron is dead ! Rza is dead ! They are just 8 niggaz who can't work together. They have lost the sacred fire of imagination !

Ghost has lost his creative edge as well. Rza became lame but he's still visibly very creative. Ghost did have a bigger role in putting together the other wu albums than he's given credit for though. According to Divine he spent the most time in the studio learning how it was all done and making contributions than anyone else. Hence why he had a full body of work (Ironman) immediately ready after dropped Cuban Linx

I don't really fucken care. I just hope they release this album within the next couple of years instead of talking about it for a decade and never actually making it a reality.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    Hence why he had a full body of work (Ironman) immediately ready after dropped Cuban Linx

??? Ironman was released 1 year later...

{>____<}

This should be interesting. I hope Ghostface can bring everyone together.