Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Bible is bullshit

I started typing a long post but I gave up, there's too many arguments for why all religion is nonsense. I think the genius thing that religion does is actually make believing something without asking for proof into a virtue. It's an amazing thing, because the very same people won't accept this mode of thought in any other area of their life. Some people will attribute anything they can't explain to god, rather than face the discomforting evidence that the universe is complicated, and we might never have all the answers.

Literally believing a collection of ancient folklore is misguided. It's really a misinterpretation of these texts, which contain some good basic ideas, which were probably more important to write down back then than an erotic novel or a Nazareth set John le Carre style thriller. I've said the same thing to the few friends and loved ones I have who are into religion.

The ABBOTT

95% of people's religion is based on where they are born and raised. The same person would have a whole entire different set of believes of they were born on the opposite side of the globe. I always wonder if god is almighty, why do other opposing religions exist?

The ABBOTT

Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    Reading the old Testament. How many people were killed by the almighty. Something to ponder.

Quote Originally Posted by b-dolo View Post
    Reading the old Testament. How many people were killed by the almighty. Something to ponder.

The ABBOTT

If the Bible was really the word of God it would have not ended thousands of years ago. Why hasn't there been any updates on God's plan. It seems that to me, if that the Bible was a plausible direction of how God wanted to live our lives. There would have been prophets provided over the years to give us guidance and understanding. The bible and the word of God should be a continuous message to believers. So, God spoke to many in biblical times, but has been silent ever since.

Killah Priest - B.I.B.L.E.

ShaDynasty's lazy nihilism is nonsense. Nihilists are easily defeated in debate.

The ABBOTT

Nihilism would be a rough way to live or view life. But why care about what someone else wants to think? Why is that important to you, nothing worse than someone forcing their believes on to you.

Quote Originally Posted by b-dolo View Post
    why care about what someone else wants to think?
    Ask satan.

Huh? I don't care what you choose to believe...

The ABBOTT

Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    Huh? I don't care what you choose to believe...
    I think he was going to make an attempt to try and defend the bible. Then realized how much of a monumental task it would be, and then just lazily deflected.

Nihilism and atheism make more sense then Christianity...

Frankie knows who his real boss is

Retired.

The Satanic Bible is 156 pages, 272 if you count the Enochion Keys. He did not repent on his death bed, that is a lie fabricated by idiots. For someone that is supposed to be a Christian you sure are a rude nasty piece of shit. Too bad you live in a fairy tale and blindly believe a bunch of crap that there is no evidence of...