Thread: cool '98 article about the recording of "T2: Judgement Day" + Bobby Digital and Dirty

Default cool '98 article about the recording of "T2: Judgement Day" + Bobby Digital and Dirty

https://books.google.se/books?id=ZCg...page&q&f=false

good stuff.. i always thought "Tical 2000" was a BANGING album and still do

edit: you'll have to scroll up a few pages

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Thanks Claaa for postin it.

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

it's pretty crazy to think that we were so spoiled with amazing music back in the mid- to late-'90s that something as dope as "Tical 2000" were seen as dissapointing.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Depends who you ask, I remember me and all my friends liking that album when it came out.

Banned

Probably because there were a million skits and the album was punishing to listen to
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Played it Loud when i bought the album , still one of my favorite albums from 98

i never understood the too many skits argument tbh.. if you look at the tracklist it looks to be full of skits, but two of them are actually short songs (and dope as fuck to boost), while the rest of them are like 5 to 30 seconds each.. the only real skits / intermissions are in the flip from 1999 side to 2000 side, the one with Chris Rock and that's some pretty funny shit

Meth sold his soul on this album and the video for Judgement Day confirms it. That shit seemed cool to me 16 years ago but now I see he was used as a pawn for part of the predictive programming operation for the event of 9/11.

Album content was eh. It didn't flow smoothly like an album like Blackout does.
    Liberalism is totalitarianism with a human face

Quote Originally Posted by Machete View Post
    Meth sold his soul on this album and the video for Judgement Day confirms it. That shit seemed cool to me 16 years ago but now I see he was used as a pawn for part of the predictive programming operation for the event of 9/11.

predictive what?

-----> Check Rev. William Burks aka Chuuuch "Nigowkno", "Runnit" and "Ganja"
    -----> KAMi Genesis, vol1, vol2 and vol3- beat tapes
    https://open.spotify.com/artist/48z4...QcWWL0Pat0qEDQ

Veteran Member

I really like T2. I actually prefer it to Tical and it's just an overall strong album. Definitely my second favourite after SC when it comes to the second round of Wu solos.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    i never understood the too many skits argument tbh.. if you look at the tracklist it looks to be full of skits, but two of them are actually short songs (and dope as fuck to boost), while the rest of them are like 5 to 30 seconds each.. the only real skits / intermissions are in the flip from 1999 side to 2000 side, the one with Chris Rock and that's some pretty funny shit
    The album still pushes 70 minutes long without them and that's punishing. It's stupid that rappers release such long albums. It's almost twice as long as Illmatic and about half as good. Something GZA said...
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Machete View Post

Holy fuck, you're an insane person

Donald Trump on the album, Judgment Day video with New York in flames... only buildings standing? Twin Towers. Featuring from Left Eye Lopes who got killed in a car crash... Streetlife on almost every track... coincidence?

Melf Nederlandse lifestyle & hiphop community. Voor bazen. De beste website van de wereld.[

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    https://books.google.se/books?id=ZCg...page&q&f=false

good stuff.. i always thought "Tical 2000" was a BANGING album and still do

edit: you'll have to scroll up a few pages
    Tical 2000 always will be a banger that i always fall back with in my 20 fav wu releases