Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Love? what is your definition of it?

Default Love? what is your definition of it?

I mean authentic love... is it a frequency. some say its a brain chemistry thing.
    I was thinking about it because of my failure to appreciate things beyond looks and physicality. I mentioned my 2011 water fast as being a good one because I felt serene and like love(whatever that may be) was the underlying feeling when i was on my last day of the fast
    I walked past this girl 10mins from my appartment and I found myself smiling at her though I wasnt attracted to her. I just felt like I appreciated seeing her. nowadays Im completely different

but yeah. Anyone's welcome to share their thoughts on the subject of love.

-what it is
    -How one experiences it
    -Whether its real
    -why it is said that "everything is love"
    -If it exists..what stops one from experiencing it
    -Oxytocin?
    -Anger and fear as a barrier
    -Blockages

i do believe its a frequency but i cant prove it

(*waits for beautiful rock to tell me i need to get my leg over*)

shrooms and a fast have got me closer to my idea of love but erm...i dunno
    the science behind a shrooom trip would be interesting to look into. its said that brain activity decreases dramatically a while after ingesting those bad girls

it is a mental illness

Ive heard that said before. but i would say what some people interpret as love is actually an ilness

get your leg over? is that some type of odd british slang?

alot of of things can be wrongly identified as love I think. motives for supposed loving acts ought to be considered in order to be able have something deemed an act of love

slang for getting laid

Banned

Love doesn't exist at all. I think people confuse love with wanting to fuck somebody, especially men get this confused. I liken it to a fairytale because I believe that's where this bullshit phenomenon comes from. When people are in "love" what they're really doing is using another person as a way to fill in the holes and void missing from themselves. If you have your life and person in order and control your own happiness and emotional wellbeing then "love" isn't needed at all.

That's why people say "I can't explain it" when asked why they love someone and the ones who can come up with some superficial crap. If you're in love you're a sucker IMO women are just something to put a dick in to
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

i hear what you are saying coz theres this filipina girl i went secondary school with. I thought I loved her but since she didnt wanna know ive been a nuisance to her and havent been acting out of love at all. its more obsessive. u cant 'love' someone and at the same time force yourself on them. thats something else

but I do think language can confuse things because there is a thing people call divine love then theres love and people also interwine compassion with love. if there is a higher frequency so to speak i dont think people operating at that level will be concerned with what your average joe deems as love

google says love is having a strong affection for someone. but affection is something that gets me hard so i hear u fully hound. biological shit
    Last edited by Baby Face Nelson; 12-05-2016 at 08:11 PM.

lust is a dense state though to me. i like pussy but i feel like its an obstacle at the same time. gets me devolving sometimes
    Last edited by Baby Face Nelson; 12-05-2016 at 08:21 PM.

Banned

Oh I strongly believe in compassion, empathy. I think you can have affection too but that affection has a limit and doesn't extend to strong levels. I definitely like people but I can't even say definitively whether or not I even love my parents who are pretty cool people and have always been there for me but there's no strong feeling towards them. I definitely don't love any family member either in fact I distance myself from them and apart from funerals I only see them on Christmas/Boxing Day, and after my pop passes away I'll stop going to that too.

I don't know about your life but for arguments sake lets say you have a male best friend that you've grown up with and you're practically like brothers, then you have some bird you're "in love" with, what's the difference between them? You want to fuck the chick but not your male best friend lol but really you probably bond closer with your male best friend that's considered a brother. I really don't think men can be friends with women because eventually you just want to root them unless they're incredibly ugly or they're a dyke.

The main reason I think we are just misunderstanding our feelings of sexual desire for "love" is that sex and procreation is our natural instinct but love isn't. We weren't put on this earth to form families and build relationships.

If there's anyone on this planet I have love for its myself only. I realised that everything is internal. All the "love" I need is inside me. I control my happiness. I'm the only one I have and who is going to look out for my best interest is me. People look to other people to fill these voids, that's why I don't need or want anybody.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Yeah I have a female friend who I cant help but wanna root. Its hard for me to admit because im imagining how should would react to me telling her that I wanna crash that. but all in all it feels like i have an affinity for her because she is so accepting of my weird ways. im well aware that i wouldnt have told her i 'love' her if she wasnt pretty so yeah like pretty much everyone i was on
    some superficial shit.
    as for my parents i have an affinity for my mum but thats all i can say. its an affinity.

Im not sure what the feeling was when i smoked weed one time and was picturing a whole load of people who are in a struggle. i just felt this overwhelmiing warmth towards them. Drugs really are some serious shit