Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Love? what is your definition of it?

whats that satan?

a song

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    The main reason I think we are just misunderstanding our feelings of sexual desire for "love" is that sex and procreation is our natural instinct but love isn't. We weren't put on this earth to form families and build relationships.
    Says who? You are a sociopath/loner/whatever but most human beings are social creatures (you can look outside for proof) and we evolved to be that way.

Having a family is a pretty good evolutionary way to take care of your offspring until they're old enough to take care of themselves.

Its fine for you to be different but don't act like some sort of zen genius and the rest of humanity are idiots because they like to interact and build mutually beneficial relationships. Its kind of amazing how you've rationalized all this shit like everybody else has a problem and you're the only guy that figured it out.

As far as love, like being in love like in a movie? I don't know if people really feel like that. I care for some people, and I'm attracted to others. When those 2 categories crossover yeah it is pretty powerful, obviously a lot of problems come along but thats life.

Banned

Of course sex is our natural instinct you fucking idiot don't you know how reproduction works? We need to hump to keep our species going.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

If you're in love you're a sucker IMO women are just something to put a dick in to
    Foolish

Of course sex is our natural instinct you fucking idiot don't you know how reproduction works? We need to hump to keep our species going.
    Not sure where I disputed that but whatever.

Gonna drop a jewel on wucorp:

Time before time when the world was young two brothers shared a field and a mill. Each night they divided evenly the grain they had ground together during the day. Now as it happened, one of the brothers lived alone; the other had a wife and a large family. One day, the single brother thought to himself: " it isnt really fair the we divide the grain evenly. I only have myself to care for, but my brother has children to feed." So each night he secretly took some of his grain to his brother's granary to see that he was never without.
    But the married brother said to himself one day, "it isnt really fair that we divide the grain evenly, because I have children to provide for me in my old age, but my brother has no one. What will he do when he is old?" So every night he secretly took some of his grain to his brother's granary. As a result, both of them always found their supply of grain mysteriously replenished each morning.
    Then one night the brothers met each other halfway between their two houses, suddenly realized what had been happening, and embraced each other in love.
    The story is that God witnessed their meeting and proclaimed, "this is a holy place -a place of love- and here it is that my temple shall be built." And so it was. The holy place, where God is made known, is the place where human beings discover each other in love.
    Liberalism is totalitarianism with a human face

Banned

Yeah but that's still a man created story. Love doesn't exist in nature, it's not natural at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Not sure where I disputed that but whatever.
    Just like I wasn't being on I'm smart you're not shit. "I think" that's my opinion not fact.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Thats fair. I just find that perspective difficult to swallow. I think love, or something analogous does exist in nature.

You gotta raise a man or woman from a baby for 18 years, plus 9 months hormone time. If you live in the jungle or something you're going to have a rough time doing that shit on your own, and its still a pretty bad idea in 2016. Which is why "love" or at least dedication or loyalty or whatever word you like exists. Its the whole family structure which is built into human nature. Of course not everybody goes along with it, either because they're emotionless robots or gay and people like that, are again an evolutionary response imo, a gene kept in circulation as a form of population control.

We lived past evolution now. We push ourselves forward as a race in whatever direction we want to. Although its not easy, humans challenge themselves to advance. So we can completely reject every last tribal instinct if we want to. I would like to keep the family part though cos it seems pretty good. Racism and prejudice is a tribal instinct I'd like to see us leave behind. And the primitive attempts of us to explain the world with religion should be going as well. Theres lots of stuff we do as humans that is animalistic even when theres a thought process behind it. We don't even notice most of it for what it is.

But having a mutual attraction and respect with somebody of the opposite sex is pretty rewarding, and it has to be otherwise the human race would have died out with a bunch of malnourished kids, single mothers, and predatory proto Cosbys.

Yeah but that's still a man created story. Love doesn't exist in nature, it's not natural at all.
    I was hoping others would pick up on the underlying theme of the story I posted. Love is an action word. Doing a good deed in secret and expecting nothing in return is the purest definition of love that I can come up with.
    I won't come here and shit on your lifestyle like others feel the need to but I can say from experience that sitting around trying to conjure up visions of what love is....is a huge waste of time. You gotta pull your own card, take inventory of your actions. Taking roses to a loved ones grave site is another form of the highest love. You might see this as bullshit, the person is dead, what's the point? When you come from a place of love, you are putting flowers there and expecting nothing in return - not even a warm hearted smile. Love is the symbol that defines a connection between people.
    Or maybe you are doing all these things and just choose not to call it love....rock out.
    Liberalism is totalitarianism with a human face

I hear u machete. it is a waste of time. its just that it was on my mind

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Machete View Post
    I was hoping others would pick up on the underlying theme of the story I posted. Love is an action word. Doing a good deed in secret and expecting nothing in return is the purest definition of love that I can come up with.
    I won't come here and shit on your lifestyle like others feel the need to but I can say from experience that sitting around trying to conjure up visions of what love is....is a huge waste of time. You gotta pull your own card, take inventory of your actions. Taking roses to a loved ones grave site is another form of the highest love. You might see this as bullshit, the person is dead, what's the point? When you come from a place of love, you are putting flowers there and expecting nothing in return - not even a warm hearted smile. Love is the symbol that defines a connection between people.
    Or maybe you are doing all these things and just choose not to call it love....rock out.
    That I agree with.

I agree with the interpretation of the story and if I had to choose any belief in love that would be close to it.

But can humans do good deeds for no return favour? Even without the gratification of doing a good deed? I don't think so.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

{>____<}

But can humans do good deeds for no return favour? Even without the gratification of doing a good deed? I don't think so.
    Not eveyone wants something in return. If someone asks me for cash, assistance with moving, or just help, I'm there. I don't expect anything in return. Unfortunately, there are people who look down it because the way they view it, people'll take advantage of your kindness.

An individual doing a good deed is just being human, nothing more. Assisting an old lady with a flat tire, helping out a co-worker with a project, donating clothes to a shelter you know longer need, going the extra mile for a friend or love one in need, purchasing food for a family in need, etc.

It's just being a good person with expected anything in return.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Machete already took my definition before I could post. Giving while seeking nothing in return but people often mistake it for an emotion. It exists in nature as well. It's well described in the Metu Neter books I've been reading for years.

speak for yourself lol, its incredibly easy. you're not even capable of seeing half of the human population as human, I don't think you're in any sort of position to give social/ behavioral/ emotional advice.