Thread: Rza and Jim Jarmusch are pitching "Ghost Dog" as a TV show, written by Rza

Banned

Default Rza and Jim Jarmusch are pitching "Ghost Dog" as a TV show, written by Rza

Q: These characters are so fully fleshed out that they feel like friends by the time your movies end and we miss them. Have you ever considered revisiting your characters?

Jim Jarmusch: No. I kind of like to leave them alive and out there. I don’t like to draw a curtain at the end of the film. I like to think that they are still out in their world. But once I finish a film, I can’t look at them again. So I’ve never thought about bringing any of them back except for one case. (Laughs) In Dead Man the character Gary Farmer played was killed at the end and I was kind of heartbroken to kill him, so I brought him back in another century in Ghost Dog just so that he could live again. But it’s kind of ridiculous because it’s in another place at another time. But that was purely because he was gone. Other than that I don’t really even think about it. We’re talking about doing a TV series of Ghost Dog, but we wouldn’t bring back the character of Ghost Dog except possibly as a ghost. I didn’t write it. It’s a script that the RZA wrote with another writer. So we’re proposing it as a pilot. It’s really good. It brings in new characters. They just finished the script.

Q: Would you direct it?

Jim Jarmusch: I might direct the pilot and be an executive producer. But I don’t know if anyone will go for it. Eventually the Ghost Dog character will be passed to a Japanese girl. It’s set a little bit in the future. I didn’t write it, but I loved it. So that’s as close I’ve ever gotten to bringing something back and even that has new characters.

http://dorkshelf.com/2017/02/10/jim-...y-of-paterson/

Interesting... Curious to see if this idea gets past the pilot phase. RZA creates a lot of art so imagine the unreleased volumes that he has in the archives like the Bobby Digital movie, The Cure etc.

Peace CT

I like the idea. But like most Wu related projects, it ain't happening. Peace

that movie is a bonafide classic.
    Retired.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Towers View Post
    that movie is a bonafide classic.
    I have the soundtrack but have never watched the movie...sounds like I should based on your comment

there's a slow hypnotizing rhythm to the movie. some understated humor as well

it's the kind of movie you can watch again every few years cuz its atmosphere and style are as important as its plot
    Retired.