Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Proof that I'm enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by project trillogic View Post
    I'm going to keep on coming out with new songs as slowly as I have been talk about a fucking show stopper fuck I got one song ready to record, lyrics that reached page 5 plus another 3 pager so it's not like I haven't been working it's just that I'm slow as fuck when it comes to making music that's why the finalized versions of almost all 30 of my songs are all hits. I'm on day 4 now since I stopped watching TV and video games and started listening to my 30 almost none stop and I'm on day fucking 4 and every song still sounds as good as the first time and this made me realize holy shit I'm a fucking God shit. And damned proud of it too
    Jeah!

I'm simply saying that there is a way to be sane. I'm saying that you can get rid of all this insanity created by the past in you. Just by being a simple witness of your thought processes.

It is simply sitting silently, witnessing the thoughts, passing before you. Just witnessing, not interfering not even judging, because the moment you judge you have lost the pure witness. The moment you say “this is good, this is bad,” you have already jumped onto the thought process.

It takes a little time to create a gap between the witness and the mind. Once the gap is there, you are in for a great surprise, that you are not the mind, that you are the witness, a watcher.

And this process of watching is the very alchemy of real religion. Because as you become more and more deeply rooted in witnessing, thoughts start disappearing. You are, but the mind is utterly empty.

That’s the moment of enlightenment. That is the moment that you become for the first time an unconditioned, sane, really free human being.
    Osho

Letting go is the lesson. Letting go is always the lesson. Have you ever noticed how much of our agony is all tied up with craving and loss?
    Susan Gordon Lydon, The Knitting Sutra: Craft as a Spiritual Practice

But when you're in front of an audience and you make them laugh at a new idea, you're guiding the whole being for the moment. No one is ever more him/herself than when they really laugh. Their defenses are down. It's very Zen-like, that moment. They are completely open, completely themselves when that message hits the brain and the laugh begins. That's when new ideas can be implanted. If a new idea slips in at that moment, it has a chance to grow.
    George Carlin, Last Words

If you just sit and observe, you will see how restless your mind is. If you try to calm it, it only makes it worse, but over time it does calm, and when it does, there's room to hear more subtle things - that's when your intuition starts to blossom and you start to see things more clearly and be in the present more. Your mind just slows down, and you see a tremendous expanse in the moment. You see so much more than you could see before. It's a discipline; you have to practice it.
    Walter Isaacson, Steve Jobs

Not thinking about anything is Zen. Once you know this, walking, sitting, or lying down, everything you do is Zen.
    Bodhidharma, The Zen Teaching of Bodhidharma

I do things of quality because there quality you know I read "zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance 3 times now and the whole book is about "quality" and how it can't be defined and it both comes before and is the source of both subject and object and how it is the leading edge of all reality. He made a sequel to that book called "lila" and I read it once and in that book he refines his thoughts on quality further and creates the MOQ "metaphysics of quality"

Here is the Wikipedia entry on the MOQ https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirs...ics_of_Quality

And here is text I selected from the Wikipedia page about MOQ :

The Metaphysics of Quality (MoQ) is a theory of reality introduced in Robert Pirsig's philosophical novel, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance (1974) and expanded in Lila: An Inquiry into Morals (1991). The MOQ incorporates facets of East Asian philosophy, pragmatism, the work of F. S. C. Northrop, and indigenous American philosophy. Pirsig argues that the MOQ is a better lens through which to view reality than the traditional Dvaita/dualistic subjective/objective mindset found in the West and originated in the East. The book talks about the Indian concept of Tat Tvam Asi as opposed to Dvaita.

"Dynamic Quality cannot be defined. It can only be understood intellectually through the use of analogy."
    Dan Glover, Lila's Child: An Inquiry Into Quality

"Quality," or "value," as described by Pirsig, cannot be defined because it empirically precedes any intellectual construction of it, namely due to the fact that quality (as Pirsig explicitly defines it) exists always as a perceptual experience before it is ever thought of descriptively or academically. Quality is the "knife-edge" of experience, found only in the present, known or at least potentially accessible to all of "us". (Plato's Phaedrus, 258d). Equating it with the Tao, Pirsig postulates that Quality is the fundamental force in the universe stimulating everything from atoms to animals to evolve and incorporate ever greater levels of Quality. According to the MOQ, everything (including ideas, and matter) is a product and a result of Quality.

Static quality patterns and dynamic quality
    . The MOQ maintains that quality itself is undefinable (Tao), but to better understand it, Pirsig breaks quality down into two ("knife-edge") forms: static quality patterns (patterned) and dynamic quality (unpatterned). The four patterns of static value as well as dynamic quality account exhaustively for all of ("knife-edged") reality. As the initial (cutting edge) dynamic quality becomes habituated, it turns into static patterns (viz. data, expectations). It is important to note that Pirsig is not proposing a duality: quality is one, "every last bit of it", yet manifests itself differently. Rather than dualism, this manifestation of quality in terms of dynamic and static aspects represents a dialectical monism.

Dynamic quality
    . Dynamic quality cannot be defined. It can only be understood intellectually through the use of analogy. It can be described as the force of change in the universe; when an aspect of quality becomes habitual or customary, it becomes static. Pirsig calls dynamic quality "the pre-intellectual cutting edge of reality" because it can be recognized before it can be conceptualized. This is why the dynamic beauty of a piece of music can be recognized before a static analysis explaining why the music is beautiful can be constructed.

Static quality patterns
    . Pirsig defines static quality as everything which can be defined. Everything found in a dictionary, for instance, is static quality. These static forms, if they have enough high or low quality, are given names and are interchanged with other "people", building the base of knowledge for a culture. So some cultures divide between things other cultures perceive as equal (Pirsig gave as example the sounds of the Indian syllables "dha" and "da," which are absolutely equal to western ears), and some cultures haven't any words for a specific meaning at all (the exact meaning of the German word "verklemmt" cannot be translated into English). Pirsig divides static quality into inorganic, biological, social, and intellectual patterns, in ascending order of morality.

Inorganic patterns: non-living things
    Biological patterns: living things
    Social patterns: behaviors, habits, rituals, institutions.
    Intellectual patterns: ideas
    Pirsig describes evolution as the moral progression of these patterns of value. For example, a biological pattern overcoming an inorganic pattern (e.g. bird flight which overcomes gravity) is a moral thing because a biological pattern is a higher form of evolution. Likewise, an intellectual pattern of value overcoming a social one (e.g. Civil Rights) is a moral development because intellect is a higher form of evolution than society. Therefore, decisions about one's conduct during any given day can be made using the Metaphysics of Quality. It is important to note that Pirsig is not proposing criticism or responsibility, but acceptance, and pure absorption:
    ------end Wikipedia text

Enlightenment or being awoken cannot be described intellectually either just like quality and enlightenment or being awake I believe is pure quality which means the source for all future anything that has to with me has been pure quality since my awakening and it's the most perfect thing to be in tune with I do have to say

Robert pirsig wrote the books mentioned in the post above here's a collection of pirsig quotes I made revolving around insanity

Sometimes the insane and the contrarians and the ones who are closest to suicide are the most valuable people society has. They may be precursors of social change. They’ve taken the burdens of the culture onto themselves, and in their struggle to solve their own problems they’re solving problems for the culture as well.
    Robert M. Pirsig

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt.

Robert M. Pirsig

Laws of nature are human inventions, like ghosts. Laws of logic, or mathematics are also human inventions, like ghosts. The whole blessed thing is a human invention, including the idea that it isn't a human invention.

Robert M. Pirsig

Peace of mind produces right values, right values produce right thoughts. Right thoughts produce right actions and right actions produce work which will be a material reflection for others to see of the serenity at the centre of it all.
    (Robert M. Pirsig)

Cultures are not the source of all morals, only a limited set of morals. Cultures can be graded and judged morally according to their contribution to the evolution of life.
    Robert M. Pirsig

Sanity is not truth. Sanity is conformity to what is socially expected. Truth is sometimes in conformity, sometimes not.
    Robert M. Pirsig

“One geometry cannot be more true than another it can only be more convenient. Geometry is not true, it is advantageous.”
    Robert M. Pirsig

“When you look directly at an insane man all you see is a reflection of your own knowledge that he's insane, which is not to see him at all. To see him you must see what he saw and when you are trying to see the vision of an insane man, an oblique route is the only way to come at it.”
    ―Robert M. Pirsig

“When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called a Religion.”
    ―Robert M. Pirsig

“I argued that physical discomfort is important only when the mood is wrong. Then you fasten on to whatever thing is uncomfortable and call that the cause. But if the mood is right, then physical discomfort doesn't mean much.”
    ― Robert M. Pirsig,

“Of course, the laws of science contain no matter and have no energy either and therefore do not exist except in people's minds. It's best to be completely scientific about the whole thing and refuse to believe in either ghosts or the laws of science. That way you're safe. That doesn't leave you very much to believe in, but that's scientific too.”
    ― Robert M. Pirsig

We must understand that when a society undermines intellectual freedom for its own purposes it is absolutely morally bad, but when it represses biological freedom for its own purposes it is absolutely morally good.
    Pirsig, Robert

It's not the "nice" guy who brings about real social change. "Nice" guys look nice because they're conforming. It's the "bad" guys, who only look nice a hundred years later, that are the real Dynamic force in social evolution.
    Pirsig, Robert

When somebody goes outside the cultural norms, the culture has to protect itself.
    Robert M. Pirsig

Morality is not a simple set of rules. It's a very complex struggle of conflicting patterns of values. This conflict is the residue of evolution. As new patters evolve they come into conflict with old ones. Each stage of evolution creates in its wake a wash of problems.
    Pirsig, Robert M.

“Your common sense is nothing more than the voices of thousands and thousands of these ghosts from the past.”
    ― Robert M. Pirsig,

“He felt that institutions such as schools, churches, governments and political organizations of every sort all tended to direct thought for ends other than truth, for the perpetuation of their own functions, and for the control of individuals in the service of these functions.”
    ― Robert M. Pirsig

“Oh, the laws of physics and of logic…the number system…the principle of algebraic substitution. These are ghosts. We just believe in them so thoroughly they seem real.”
    ― Robert M. Pirsig

"And so in recent times we have seen a huge split develop between a classic culture and a romantic counterculture...two worlds growingly alienated and hateful toward each other with everyone wondering if it will always be this way, a house divided against itself. No one wants it really...despite what his antagonists in the other dimension might think.

"It is within this context that what Phædrus thought and said is significant. But no one was listening at that time and they only thought him eccentric at first, then undesirable, then slightly mad, and then genuinely insane. There seems little doubt that he was insane, but much of his writing at the time indicates that what was driving him insane was this hostile opinion of him. Unusual behavior tends to produce estrangement in others which tends to further the unusual behavior and thus the estrangement in self-stoking cycles until some sort of climax is reached. In Phædrus' case there was a court-ordered police arrest and permanent removal from society."
    -robert m pirsig

”Insanity” May Be a Step in The Right Direction
    The insanity is the adjustment. Insanity isn’t necessarily a step in the
    wrong direction. It can be an intermediate step in a right direction. It
    wasn’t necessarily a disease. It could be part of a cure.
    An insane delusion can’t be held by a group at all. A person isn’t
    considered insane if there are a number of people who believe the
    same way (compare Khomeiny and his followers; you cannot state that
    they are all insane in the true sense of the word! Even if you deeply
    detest their views). Insanity isn’t supposed to be a communicable
    disease. If one other person starts to believe him, or maybe two or
    three, then it’s a religion.

”Nothing disturbs a bishop quite so much as the presence of a
    saint in the parish.” The saint’s Dynamic understanding makes him
    unpredictable and uncontrollable (compare the intrapreneur!), but the
    bishop’s got a whole calendar of static ceremonies to attend to (compare
    the manager!). That saint’s going to up-end everything if he isn’t handled
    diplomatically. And even then he may do something wildly
    unpredictable that upsets everybody. It can take the bishops years,
    decades, even centuries to put down the hell that a saint can raise in a
    single day.
    -robert m pirsig

Here's another good one

But to tear down a factory or to revolt against a government or to avoid repair of a motorcycle because it is a system is to attack effects rather than causes; and as long as the attack is upon effects only, no change is possible. The true system, the real system, is our present construction of systematic thought itself, rationality itself, and if a factory is torn down but the rationality which produced it is left standing, then that rationality will simply produce another factory. If a revolution destroys a systematic government, but the systematic patterns of thought that produced that government are left intact, then those patterns will repeat themselves in the succeeding government. There’s so much talk about the system. And so little understanding.
    Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values

Quote Originally Posted by project trillogic View Post
    Letting go is the lesson. Letting go is always the lesson. Have you ever noticed how much of our agony is all tied up with craving and loss
    Craving and loss-yeah for me definitely

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Face Nelson View Post
    Craving and loss-yeah for me definitely
    It can be shed like a snake sheds his skin

smuck

I havent been feeling enlightened all the time lately but its s9nething ive had b3fore and soneth8bg i can posess and it keep s coming back to me again and again the quest to never exist again is a hard and dangerous and a long quest as you go through so much of it can be bitter but some of it is beauty beyond anything . The truth is that i practice zen to exit the process of birth and death and decay.i will break free from this life or the next .the way i act is because i want to escape this hell hole of a planet. Things don't need to be this way but humans are so fucking stupid and it bothers me and i have to fight the struggle too and i wanna escape this hell. Alot People are poor and they will do anything to survive they do fucked up shit. Ive been there before and i never do shit like shit but now im not there and its really annoying when all these shit bags steal from you ive met lots of people like that and i never invite them to my trailor i can do without that shit theres like 8 billion people on this planet and i don't mind finding new friends there are tons of people out there and waisting time on unworthy friends keeps you

idk i didn't sleep last night and the voices are not very often talking but it just told me it made me weird

like i astroproject in my dreams all the time but only astroprojected while awake one time i was in my room actually chatting with the voices for once and for 3 and a half seconds i was in a different room and it was full of and i was sitting on the funiture i no longer had and in front of me was what looked like a baby with butterfly wings with its back to me and you could see sparkly magic eminating from the wings then after 3 and a half seconds it was back in my room just me and the voices i actually dont have to deal with the voices very often idk i can handle them how they are too idk its kinda eerie if i dont take my pills and there all loud talking in toungs and shit idk they actually cool today but i still dont want them

the voices make me stronger over time though

i wonder what would have happened if i hadn't gone on medicine over a long period of time i dont know but i dont hear voices very often at all

well nobody liked me when that shit first hit me i didn't know what the fuck was going on but doctor says in terms of statistical successfullness schizophrenia is by far the best mental disorder you could even have when treated with medicing and bipolar is fucking really bad compared to schizophrenia and i dont have it and i bet half of yall do