Thread: Nico Rosberg's replacement

Banned

Default Nico Rosberg's replacement

New reports coming in that Felipe Massa will return to Williams next year and Valtteri Bottas will go to Mercedes as well as Williams getting reduced costs for Mercedes engines. Pascal Wehrlein would have been a risk given his inexperience but it would have been interesting. Not many options out there for Mercedes, Rosberg kind of fucked them up
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Does it really matter who they stick in the car? the car is the most dominant in F1 they could even put a guy like Maldonado in it and they would still win.

Ideally i would like to see Alonso in the car, but it does seem that Merc would want a German driver. Vettel is an option he obviously isn't happy at Ferrari (who is?). Wehrlein maybe, Hulkenberg is a possibility. Rosberg really did troll them, people bash him for not having the racing spirit. I just think Rosberg was always too smart for F1, its a dangerous sport he is world champ and has more money than he needs, smart move i say.

Banned

It probably doesn't matter but maybe they're worried about losing the constructors championship to Red Bull I thought they were just going to bring up Wehrlein and be done with it but obviously they're not keen on him at this stage, they might as well since he's German and a good prospect. Lewis Hamilton will win it next year.

Rosberg is what, 33? It's understandable to leave. When you've reached the top after so long in trying you don't really need to go around again. Plus he knows that a few fuck ups for Hamilton helped him haha he probably doesn't want to go around again and not defend the title.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.