Thread: new law in France : no emails/calls after work hours

Default new law in France : no emails/calls after work hours

Employees now have the explicit right not to answer work related emails and calls after official work hours

supposedly France is unique in this, from a legislative point of view

a lot of countries have an office culture where sending emails late at night is equal to 'working hard and giving it your all'

the French government wants to lower burnout numbers

Meanwhile Japanese government has put a law in place very recently where employees get the last Friday of the month off. Six day working weeks with 12 hours of work a day are considered the norm in Japan so fatigue and burnout are high over there

and Sweden is experimenting with work days of 6 instead of 8 hours. btw in Scandinavia emails and calls after work hours are considered bad time management on behalf of both the employer and employee and are (supposedly) a telltale sign that you are lacking at work (so quite the opposite to what the perception is in most countries)

getting back to France ... while I can see the upside for employees France should remain vigilant as they are severely lagging behind in an international market already. the ever present strikes (unions are a major force in France) are no bueno for multinationals and have been keeping investors away

it's not an easy tightrope to walk
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 01-04-2017 at 03:37 PM.
    Retired.

Banned

Seems like over legislation to me.

They'll blame it on the Russians too

Banned

Meanwhile over here they're trying to end penalty rates and make the working week 7 days so that employers can underpay Snore Controller's cousins
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

I don't think it should be part of legislation but the Swedish example is spot on. If you get all your shit done then there will be no need for after hour emails and stuff. Work places should look for efficiency and actually hiring competent people. I honestly don't see the point of long work hours, especially in an office environment. The Scandinavians are on the right path.

Banned

Europe crazy. They got a Muslim invasion going on and their main concern is their boss calling them past 6.

They're actually going to make this a law?

And u fuckwads got the nerve to talk about how fucked up we are??

^^haha you mean to tell me us euros should start focusing on FB live torture vids too now?
    Retired.

Banned

The funniest thing about all The brexit complaints was the repeated anger that students couldn't freely move across Europe for their "holidAys" and "travel studies".

Europe is like one big college campus. Located next to a third world ghetto.

^^ true
    Retired.

'

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Towers View Post
    ^^haha you mean to tell me us euros should start focusing on FB live torture vids too now?
    Europeans should only focus on these head lights when it's speeding at them, with Ahmed behind the wheel. Getting Merkel'd is a right of passage.

^^ I blame Ironman's Car Talk thread for the deplorable inclusion of that walmart autobot pic
    Retired.