Thread: The Prisoner (old tv series)

Banned

Default The Prisoner (old tv series)

I've been watching this show. There's only 17 episodes. It was way ahead of its time. Never heard of it before and when I was rewatching an episode of the simpsons, they parodied it and I had to find out what it was from. Now I'm consumed by it. Also, the "I am not a number" was sampled by someone in Wu. Might have been Remedy. I can't remember.

hashashin is a big fan of this show

it's really intriguing isn't it? I binge watched all the episodes on youtube in 2 days when I was on sick leave some time in 2015.

I don't know whether you are doing this but it's very rewarding to read up online on an episode after just having watched it

not giving away the end of the show but you are in for a more satisfying viewing experience if you consider the penultimate episode as the proper ending (great acting and lots of Shakespearian references) and just watch the final episode as a trippy coda

only for the final episode I suggest you read up on why the show ended in that particular way beforehand, it greatly helped me appreciate the ending
    Retired.

and yes the show was very much ahead of its time
    Retired.

Banned

I'm on episode 8 or so. After each episode, I have started to read up on it, but have been careful not to read too much as to not spoil it.

I was disappointed to learn that most people believe the episodes were shown out of order and have a suggested order to watch them in. I wish I would have known about that in the beginning.

I'm going to PM you a question about a certain episode. I don't want to spoil it for someone else if they decide to watch.

^^ I read this post after answering your PM. I was unaware you already found out about the running order of the episodes so you can just skip over that bit
    Retired.

what are the chances that the five other active members of the forum are also watching this show at the same time