Thread: ALIEN: Covenant (red band trailer)

meet me in the lobby TommySuits's Avatar

Default ALIEN: Covenant (red band trailer)

I was hoping for Prometheus 2 but I don't think this is it.

Default Alien covenant trailer

finally!!!!

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

Wh-wh-what!!!

should be good

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

One of my favourite franchises but I can't say I'm too interested in this. To me it just looks like every other alien film so I can't see what this one will bring to the series. I'd rather they just did the Blomkamp Alien 5 but I met the gawd Michael Biehn a few months back and he didn't seem to know if it was still happening

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

meet me in the lobby TommySuits's Avatar

Anyone else see this? It wasn't what I hoped but it was still good. Just like the title, It was pretty much just another "Alien" movie.
    I really really liked the new angle and direction Prometheus was going in but Covenant wasn't about that.
    They gave a quick explanation about what happened after the end of Prometheus and then just went right into a classic "alien' style movie.
    Apparently Ridley Scott plans on doing another Prometheus and more alien movies

i saw it last weekend, the visuals were amazing, overall great cinematography however the story itself wasn't satisfying, without sPoilers, if you a fan of the alien lore, especially where xenimorphs are concerned , you might be a tad bit dissappointed with this one, they focused more on the AI robot characters and their questions of being sentient, i also think ridley scott had an opportunity here to elaborate more on the engineers and their home world,their cultures and their agenda where humans are concerned, i feel like that was butchered in one scene,pretty much destroyed any hope of extending that lore. as a fan of prometheus, it was a bad continuation of it in my opinion, so many unanswered questions and unsatisfying but it ended with the opening for a sequel so lets see how the next film fares

Radioactive Man, do you know if there was any implication about where the virus came from? Its tough trying to piece together all the parts of the story of Prometheus and Covenant. David had previously visited the planet and killed its inhabitants but the actual virus must be from the engineers or humans or both? I need to watch Prometheus again.

Regardless its a fascinating story and seeing the Xenomorphs in this quality was fucking cool. and Michael Fassbender was brilliant, he completely owned the movie. I'm definitely interested in seeing Katherine Waterston and McBride face off against that maniac. If a sequel gets made it'll probably go in another direction anyway but it'll still be fascinating to keep this series going.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Radioactive Man, do you know if there was any implication about where the virus came from? Its tough trying to piece together all the parts of the story of Prometheus and Covenant. David had previously visited the planet and killed its inhabitants but the actual virus must be from the engineers or humans or both? I need to watch Prometheus again.

Regardless its a fascinating story and seeing the Xenomorphs in this quality was fucking cool. and Michael Fassbender was brilliant, he completely owned the movie. I'm definitely interested in seeing Katherine Waterston and McBride face off against that maniac. If a sequel gets made it'll probably go in another direction anyway but it'll still be fascinating to keep this series going.
    RIDLEY SCOTT REVEALS THE TITLE OF THE NEXT ALIEN FILM AFTER ALIEN: COVENANT!

Ridley Scott has supposedly let slip the title for the next Alien film as well as where it falls in the timeline between Prometheusand the original Alien. During an exclusive interview with Fandango, Scott and Katherine Waterston discuss Alien: Covenant, the whereabouts of Dr. Elizabeth Shaw (Noomi Rapace), how the film separates itself from Promtheus and finally - where it all falls into the timeline. When asked that final question, Scott holds nothing back and reveals the title of the next film, which will actually take place between Prometheusand Alien: Covenant...

"There will be another one before we kind of literally and logically, clockwise, back into the rear back head of [the original] Alien," he said.

We asked Scott what the timeline looked like -- would it bePrometheus, Covenant and then this next movie before we arrive at the events of the original Alien. That's when the answer became a bit foggy as it appears he slips in the title for another movie we haven't seen yet and positions it betweenPrometheus and Covenant.

"It will go Prometheus, Awakening, Covenant.. fairly integral where this colonization ship is on the way...."

Waterston cut in again to stop Scott from spoiling any more information. "You're giving away too much!" she screamed. "But yes, there will be more after this. I think that was the question." To which Scott replied, "If this is successful, and then the next one, and then there will definitely be three more."

Ridley Scott is planning up to 5 sequels to Prometheus, so we've got at least three more unaccounted for, but Scott probably didn't want to give too much away.
    Last edited by Origin™; 09-07-2017 at 02:33 AM.

^ So I guess they may explain a lot of this stuff if Scott gets to continue these movies, I read that they might not greenlight more as this one didn't make that much money.