Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another racist from Seinfeld show?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    Larry David is 10x funnier and actually executes the comedy seinfield is trying to pull off better. I can't think of one moderately successful thing Jerry did after or before the show
    Jerry is one of the few stand up comedians who actually loves doing stand up. Most road comics will say that they can't wait to get a hit tv show so they can get off the road. Seinfeld had a hit tv show. he is now worth close to a billion dollars because of it. He never has to do anything else. And when the show ended, he went back to stand up. He still does stand up for no reason other than because he loves to do it.

Banned

There are plenty of comics who share Jerrys view about playing college campuses these days.

Censorship is a comedians enemy. And Jerry is no where near the most brutal he's actually pretty clean.

Lol true. How successful do you have to be after you made a billion dollars? Just do what you love.

De mijne is 4x duurder!

Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    There are plenty of comics who share Jerrys view about playing college campuses these days.

Censorship is a comedians enemy. And Jerry is no where near the most brutal he's actually pretty clean.
    that's not censorship though. You can debate whether or not it's lame, but that's not what censorship is

Banned

I'm still wondering how "(Lewis) Black's life matters?" is racist.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

yeast infection simon thinks all whites are automatically 'racist'

Banned

All non-whites think that as well as its not racism if it's from a non-white ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ doesn't bother me I just keep quiet and don't join in the fight with them
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulcock View Post
    yeast infection simon thinks all whites are automatically 'racist'
    hahaha except i never said seinfeld was racist and i'm still waiting for examples of racist posts, baby dick.

i think you post more about me than i actually post here man, and i'm not even in the top 100 most interesting or active users here. what did i do to you? who hurt you and how can i help?
    Last edited by Dr. Simon Hurt; 02-02-2017 at 12:38 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Simon Hurt View Post
    that's not censorship though. You can debate whether or not it's lame, but that's not what censorship is
    Depends. If you don't allow someone to perform based on the opinion that it's offensive material, it's a form of censoring.

Especially within the realm of comedy where there is typically a very "liberal" granting of poetic license.

I feel you, but isn't that still just a particular market rejecting that type of material?

Like if a local affiliate of NBC or whatever drops a show because a lot of viewers complain about the content, is that censorship or just a specific audience saying "nah"?

I agree it is weird and dumb, though. And I think some of that is because academia, in fully embracing postmodernism, has (unintentionally?) fostered this notion that students are entitled to self-selecting their entire reality, and you end up with safe spaces and people trying to delete everything they don't agree with. But I'm just a libtard sjw faggit who hates da whoights, so idk

Yeah, that shit is crazy...I just don't have enough information about whether that's representative of the majority sentiment at a particular campus (like if Richard Spencer somehow booked a speaking engagement at Howard University and some students did all of the stuff you described, but also 90% of the students didn't want him there anyway) or if it's just the most shrill motherfuckers being coddled and enabled by their professors, dean, etc...which it probably is.

I read an interview with Trey Parker and Matt Stone where they were talking about PC Principal and all the stuff we're talking about in this thread and they wondered if maybe that's just where culture is now for a large portion of college kids and that type of humor is just considered obsolete to that audience. It will be interesting to see where people's tastes are when the dust settles.

It just seems like the shit has become so extreme with millenials on the internet, where you have the people who object to using the word "uterus" or "cunt" or whatever and then people that think racial slurs, the word nigger, pepe with a hitler mustache, swastikas, and evil jew memes is edgy and funny.

i wonder who is more out of touch with the current standup comedy landscape, posters here or jerry seinfeld.

as someone alluded to, the idea that seinfeld's freedom to perform would be impinged in any meaningful way by his tame material being 'too controversial' is laughable. there are many, many successful touring comedians who perform material far less PC than seinfeld.

the anti-pc brigade are even worse than easily offended do-gooders. they're undoubtedly the most sensitive, soft cocks you'll ever meet and the nullity of complaining about people complaining, has never dawned on them.

anyway, being an self-consumed, easily offended faggot is an integral part of western democratic culture now - people use it as a way to showcase their ethics and politics, to define their individuality (generally on social media).

it's all pretty pathetic, anyone getting worked up about this kind of petty shit needs a reality check.

Depends. If you don't allow someone to perform based on the opinion that it's offensive material, it's a form of censoring.

Especially within the realm of comedy where there is typically a very "liberal" granting of poetic license.

seinfeld is a billionaire bitching about mild negative reactions to his hacky, old material while also lamenting that younger people are interested or concerned with things he doesn't care about.

as with most pc whingers, he's basically just saying "i'm old, and it's important other people know that".

conflating that with the idea that free speech is being curtailed by political correctness is hysterical. the idea that political correctness is getting worse is about as laughable.

i watch a bunch of standup over the years, and still watch new stuff. without question the material since the 2000s has been more broadly offensive than any stuff previous. it's just not offensive to gay people as much or black people as much or women as much and more offensive to right wing evangelicals, cultureless white people, public figures, celebrities etc. hence the hysteria from these soulless types about "political correctness".

with the passage of time, it's obvious to anyone capable of rational thought, that political correctness lessens. it's as if everyone forgot how censored TV was prior to the advent of the internet. most comedic TV now would have been obscene had it been shown 20 or 30 years ago.

it's just that most people complaining about this are old, out of touch and filled to the brim with dumb nostalgia.

have a look at any TV events which generated lots of complaints, they're mostly from 80s and 90s, and are pretty much all tame by today's standards.

i mean fuck, compare a comedy central roast now, with what Dean Martin et el. used to put on! once again, seems like the main change is that jokes which target marginal groups are considered less acceptable (and as hacky generally)

Banned

Well, look this whole thread started because someone had the opinion Seinfeld was " racist" because of some tweet.

Hence the PC debate.

I agree, this whole thing is petty, there are plenty of venues Jerry can play.

But as I said earlier before we got in depth....

Let him be a grumpy old Jew. We will all become grumpy old men too when the generations below consider us antiques when we are 50 no matter what impressive resume we have.

Chris Rock was complaining about the same thing.

But I agree, Seinfeld is so tame
    Compared to some of these guys. He never even swears. Maybe that's why he's frustrated. Dudes standup is as clean as it gets.

standup that takes shots at SJWs will probably be the next wave of popular comedy because as That opinion type becomes the "norm" on social media and in the media in general, it will be the comics that are the first ones poking fun at it.

South Park is great at getting to that next level. They been ragging on W and they're going hard at Trump but it's getting stale.

Well, look this whole thread started because someone had the opinion Seinfeld was " racist" because of some tweet.

Hence the PC debate.

I agree, this whole thing is petty, there are plenty of venues Jerry can play.

But as I said earlier before we got in depth....

Let him be a grumpy old Jew. We will all become grumpy old men too when the generations below consider us antiques when we are 50 no matter what impressive resume we have.

Chris Rock was complaining about the same thing.

But I agree, Seinfeld is so tame
    Compared to some of these guys. He never even swears. Maybe that's why he's frustrated. Dudes standup is as clean as it gets.

standup that takes shots at SJWs will probably be the next wave of popular comedy because as That opinion type becomes the "norm" on social media and in the media in general, it will be the comics that are the first ones poking fun at it.

South Park is great at getting to that next level. They been ragging on W and they're going hard at Trump but it's getting stale.
    lol, yeah. but who said this was racist anyway? i couldn't find any evidence of it in the article. and if it's a bunch of people on twitter... who gives a fuck? how is that newsworthy?

i think the way social media and 'the media' have this symbiotic, self-validating relationship now is the real scourge. if there's a vulture article about Twitter outrage (ie. screencaps of a few tweets) then there's more outrage on twitter based off of the article, which generates more articles about all of it.

i respect seinfeld's cleanness, and have always been a fan of his work (independent of LD), but he's really just complaining that his act, which has been honed over the years to be inoffensive, has started to offend people.

his ethos is that he has an "act" (established at some point in the early 90s) and people pay to see this act. he enjoys going around to different theatres full of people, doing these jokes on autopilot, and having heaps of people laugh and applaud. he also seems fond of making lame jokes on twitter when he needs to promote something (why does he need to promote things again?).

he really is at the bleeding edge of the war on PC lol.