Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How do you stop hearing about Trump on FB?

'

Quote Originally Posted by soul controller View Post
    sounds like a bud I will develop in the future

easy peasy lemon squeezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    Dude. Shut. Up.
    Lol

'

https://medium.com/@timi_olotu/youre...924#.u9ej9bj1d

Written by a liberal for psuedo-liberals

Banned

Great read

Most of these people who see whinging and crusading are early 20's or late teens, have no life experience as think the world revolves around them. The women's matches were particularly hilarious given so many women voted for him.

Trump winning was democracy working. Like it or not.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Well, he lost the popular vote. So no it's not

This is a picture I took from his book, it's his thoughts on Obama

Banned

Yes it is. The electoral college bullshit was in place before him and will exist after him, it's how your stupid system works. Democracy won.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

lol no he didn't. You can say 'The united states political system' won, or 'trump won', but it wasn't 'democracy' that won if the person with the least votes wins.

I also don't care about when and how the electoral college came about

Banned

You can say American democracy if it makes you breathe easy but I remember here the ALP won the 2PP and the primary vote by a cunt hair and lost the election.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Yeah that's not democracy. It's the american system and it's fine because it's done this much so obviously it's solid, but it's not democracy.

all of these fuck ass countries need to stop calling themselves democracies because there's no point making a word useless. Starting with the UK. WTF is democratic about that shit? Australia too

Banned

Lol if the US went by popular vote all that would matter are the major major cities who gives a fuck about the rest. How is Australia not democratic?Lol ffs

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Banned

There are no direct democracy's anymore. The U. S. Has always been a republic. Whatever name you want to put in front of republic to distinguish it you can. Democratic, Representative, parliamentary.

Probably the only instance where the U.S is still a direct democracy is voting on a smaller city level on certain issues like school levies and property taxes. The states are all republics themselves and the nation as a whole constitutes basically the management of these states.

Hence the electoral college, otherwise the coasts interests would be the only ones catered to and the country itself would have probably fractured by now but they recognized this very early in the countries infancy.

It's been a part of US history and the constitution basically forever, as soon as political parties formed by the second or third election.

It's always been the system.

People just get salty they lost just like a sports fan wants to blame the ref or say the announcers were against them.

TSA are you going to hang a picture of Obama in your house like all the good Cat'lics s did with Kennedy?
    Last edited by Dooch; 02-14-2017 at 12:26 PM.

All that English is cute but I just think it's inaccurate to say 'the people' or democracy did anything cause that's not what happened and wasn't the intention (which is fine).

I'm tired of the UK being considered a democracy when it's the same thing as Iran in political structure. The US is just a come up so it's cool.

Obama is one of the most effective and successful presidents in US history stat for stat. He got everything he wanted to do done and left the country on an major upward swing politically, socially, economically and swaggically. He's directly opposed to my own people's interests in nigeria so on that level I don't fuck with him but a spade is a spade. My favorites of all time are still Eisenhower and TR, but Obama is in league with Kennedy for success impact and effectiveness.

Trump likes to fight too much and operates in chaos and its showing signs of getting in his way and making him ineffective. I'm ready for some major 180s foreign policy wise and it looks like he'll deliver. Or at least try in a loud sloppy way. He's really a human resignation from US world leadership, which is cool and I fuck with.

Banned

For someone who doesn't want to hear about trump you do talk about trump a lot

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

'

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post

I also don't care about when and how the electoral college came about
    Lol bingo.

The Electoral College, in practice, gives a little more electoral power to racial minorities, such as blacks and Hispanics, and thus is important in helping to achieve racial justice. Because these minorities tend to live in the large cities of the bigger states, their votes are important in tilting all the electoral votes of their state, thus encouraging candidates of both parties to appeal for their votes.
    You now must assume the identity of charlesjones for 10 posts and crab walk into white boss man jail.

https://www.cato.org/publications/co...-it-works-well

'

Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    People just get salty they lost just like a sports fan wants to blame the ref or say the announcers were against them.
    Accurate.

We weren't seeing seeing rioting and Antifa spin off groups burning shit/assaulting ppl when Barry beat Mitt using the electoral vote.