Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dave Chappelle - Netflix Specials

didn't you just say he should have less trump material?

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    didn't you just say he should have less trump material?
    Yeah thats my criticism of one special, I'm bored of hearing about Trump. I'm not offended by it or claiming that his special was offensive to Trump and his supporters though.

Another one dropping in less than 2 weeks. I respect Dave's work ethic the last couple years, and the quality hasn't suffered at all over the last 4 specials.

Yeah its not really edgy or anything, thats just the time we live in where some people will take it that way.

He's still naturally funny though, and of course the topics are still relevant - the news, and wucorp gen chat is full of the same shit about shootings and trans people.

Who else is a good comic these days?

Dave's funny as always.

He is getting hounded by the media for being controversial, a homophobe, a transphobe, a something else phobe.

I mean these Netflix specials haven't been as funny as his old standup's but I'm beginning to feel that we aren't going to get classic acts of comedy anymore. Cause once you get mildly controversial you get lynched.

Kevin Hart is funny.

Bill Burr has his moments.

Gotta check this out. Dave's previous specials were hilarious as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicRingz View Post
    No one. All the best ones are dead, and they rarely relied on current events or pop culture news.

Yeah the world of comedy is quantitatively worse for not having Patrice around anymore.

I think Chappelle is currently the best around. Louis CK grew on me over the years, David Cross' 2000s stuff is really funny.

The thing is once you figure out a comedians rhythm and that thing that they do, its tough for them to have that same effect as when you first found them funny. Chris Rock said something perfect about this, he said 'Bring The Pain' was his chance at being new and making an impact, after that you can't be new again. Incidentally Rock's last special was horrible. Patrice was unique in that he was getting into a thing in his later years where he just talked to the audience and improvised which gives you a lot more freedom and less of a structure that can be figured out than most comics.

I'm convinced Patrice is the funniest person to ever life. Obviously people have better 'specials' out there, but as far as naturally funny that dude is GOAT. I think I've watched every possible video I can find of his twice on youtube.

Shaolin Master

Kevin Hart? lmao Good one rame, stop trolling.

It's good fluff.

Peace CT

I still like Kev Hart stand ups. Hate his movies. Gonna watch this soon. Assume I will like it cuz he never disappoints. Sebastian Maniscalco is my current favorite stand up guy. Also big on Godfrey. Peace

Kevin Hart is funnier than his movies imply

Are people more sensitive or are we in the era of arguments? I feel like if 3 people say it's fucked up, 40,000 will respond to those three people with 'everyone is so sensitive now'. I'm kinda tired of comedians pretending they're martyrs or endangered because people exist who get mad at them. Carlin and Pryor literally went to jail for using cuss words. I like that Chapelle made his critics a part of his act and moved on. Comedians should stfu.