Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Black, brown or african american?

Big Risk 1 of the Realest Big Risk's Avatar

Default Black, brown or african american?

Obviously this is a question pointed to black americans..

This is a touchy subject with people sometimes, I hear "My skin is not black its brown" "Why do I have to be "african" american"

What do you think is the most appropriate to be called?

None Of The Above

"E E Even if i stutter i'ma Still Come Off"

God? or, what do you prefer.

wheel re invent

got a name, enough said !!!!!!
    Who be Whom

over rates mathematics

even though I am white and this may not sound right but I can't stand the term african american.
    now don't get me wrong I don't hate black people at all, it's just that I feel that using that term makes it seem like that one person came from africa when they might've been born in america and have never been to africa in all there life.
    this is also kinda complicated by the fact that my doctor is from africa, and is white, so technically he's african american. same thing with terissa heinz karry.
    so yeah I just wanted to say that I hope no one is offended by that.

Veteran Member

Some of us call ourselves African American because that is were we originated from, I don't think there is anything wrong with that. And we hold onto that because everything else we had like our first and last names, our language, our cultural identity, and the list goes on of things that made us who we were, was essentially ripped from us by the Europeans. And we were left not really knowing who we were as a people or our place in society. Everyone else that came to American could speak their own language and live out their culture and build a Chinatown or a Little Italy somewhere in America, but not the Afrikan, he was lynched or killed out right if he spoke one syllable of his God given language. Even though you have white people from Africa or America or Australia that doesn't make them African, American, or Australian their origin is still European. As for me, you can call me the Original Asiatic Blackman.

The universe is full of knowledge. Everything in the universe is truth. There is nothing false that God created, and as long as you live, if you live to be 1,000, you could never exhaust the knowledge that is in this universe.

Black!! - the most dominate

the term "african american" is a name for those black people in america who are the decendents of african slaves that came over on that boat..
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Quote Originally Posted by Wamukota X
    As for me, you can call me the Original Asiatic Blackman.
    there is no white influcence in your genes?

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

Some of us call ourselves African American because that is were we originated from, I don't think there is anything wrong with that. And we hold onto that because everything else we had like our first and last names, our language, our cultural identity, and the list goes on of things that made us who we were, was essentially ripped from us by the Europeans. And we were left not really knowing who we were as a people or our place in society. Everyone else that came to American could speak their own language and live out their culture and build a Chinatown or a Little Italy somewhere in America, but not the Afrikan, he was lynched or killed out right if he spoke one syllable of his God given language. Even though you have white people from Africa or America or Australia that doesn't make them African, American, or Australian their origin is still European. As for me, you can call me the Original Asiatic Blackman.
    Blacks weren't the only ones stripped of their language and culture. The government took native kids, threw them in boarding schools, cut their hair, and beat them everytime they spoke their language, while their parents starved to death on reservations. Our religious practices were outlawed, and indians were killed or jailed if they practied them. "American" is a term coined by the white man. So you can call me Oglala Lakota of the Tetons.

Veteran Member

Ummm....just call me by my name....no need to "categorize" me.

FRESH FISH

you can call me the Original Asiatic Blackman.
    The Original Asiatic Blackman is the STRAIGHT HAIR POWER SEED, known as the indian throughout the americas. He is the Father of civilization.

Malcolm, elaborate...^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Malcom Guevera
    The Original Asiatic Blackman is the STRAIGHT HAIR POWER SEED, known as the indian throughout the americas. He is the Father of civilization.

oooooo

he went there

when a baby is born, its born with a soft texture - soft usually straight-like hair and soft features - such is the very first people who were born - the original people had soft features just like this until the elements of the earth hardened them - we had a greenish deep purple like hue with soft (some hollow) hair
    Last edited by 7EL7; 02-21-2006 at 09:32 PM.

"See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes.
    He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse."

Quote Originally Posted by Charging Soldier
    Blacks weren't the only ones stripped of their language and culture. The government took native kids, threw them in boarding schools, cut their hair, and beat them everytime they spoke their language, while their parents starved to death on reservations. Our religious practices were outlawed, and indians were killed or jailed if they practied them. "American" is a term coined by the white man. So you can call me Oglala Lakota of the Tetons.

the natives of america were Black !

there were thousands of different tribes speaking many languages here in america just like it is over in africa -

we were all one and the same -

most of the darker skinned natives here in america are seen as "black" and not native - many of them don't know their background some of us do

and alot of the so called natives that exist today are not really natives - they are a government project/experiment - products of the raped natives and the wicked european -

alot of us so called african americans did not come here from africa on a ship named jesus - we were already here

check the olmec
    Last edited by 7EL7; 02-21-2006 at 09:34 PM.

"See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes.
    He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse."