Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Chef's new album dropped

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

Quote Originally Posted by Mumm Ra View Post
    i almost had a heart attack when I got 3-4 tracks in and track after track was still BANGING. like this cant be real lol.
    it does fall off pretty harsh after that with the wanna be club tracks, but overall Chef made a nice album
    Haha pretty much my experience lol
    We do it for the people.

Quote Originally Posted by habitual_line_steppr View Post
    a nice addition to rae's catalogue, at this point we should just be thankful veterans like this are still putting out dope material for the fans and still spitting on point .. Especially in an era of mainly trash !
    yeah, this

Veteran Member

I'd agree with whoever gave this an 8.5. Well, for me it's between 8 and 8.5 for now. I wasn't expecting the album to be this good and in all honesty after hearing the Lil Wayne joint I had low hopes for this album.

Reign sounds like some early 2000 Rocafella type ish.

Also this is the first Rae solo without many guests and he held it down well. He sounds hungry on this and probably the most energetic he's been for a while.

Didn't even want to give this album a fair try, but given your comments here, I'll have to check it out.

enthusiastic after my first listen
    Retired.

i for one am happy that he stayed away from guests on this... i mean the Lil' Wayne track should have been a street single but i'll definitely skip it after hearingit 2-3 times.

Cee-Lo Gree did a wonderful job but he's only hook / backgron vocas which adds a lot to the songö

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

I'm really happy the album arrived here a few days after most of you had listened to it already. After reading your comments and expecting really annoying skits and a godawful lil wayne track things turned out okay for me. I don't mind the skits lol, they don't interrupt the flow of the album for me. I would have liked the lil wayne track a lot in 2006 (I was listening to a lot of his mixtapes back then), and it kinda sounds like it's from that period. The track is not as bad as I thought it was gonna be, but it would have fit better at the end of the tracklist. The trap beat at the end is meh. It would have fit on FILA.

The rest of the album varies from solid (this is what comes down too) to really good (marvin & crown of thorns!)

I say we got a good deal on this one. thanks chefff
    Retired.

Overall I'm really digging the album...could do without the skits though.
    Favorite tracks are nothing and marvin.
    A million strands of spider webs weaved to make my vest
    Chi energy compacted deep within my inner chest
    One touch of my eagle claw clutch, rips your guts, brass head kill you fast with rapid head buts, ninja spying, the ammo flying, the steel iron blow a nigga neck from his head like dandelions

Peace CT

This is really good. 100 times better than Fila. I admit I judged a book by its cover n assumed this was gonna be another Fila. Glad I was wrong. Couple Clan features woulda been nice and these skits are absolute wastes, are my only beefs. Peace

Peace CT

And yes "Nothing" knocks. Peace

'

I have no complaints about this album. Been in rotation the last couple of weeks. Two of the skits were annoying, one was funny as hell.

The Marvin Gaye tribute is amazing. There is a short video about the making of it on youtube.