Thread: Neuralink, a venture to merge the human brain with AI

Exclamation Neuralink, a venture to merge the human brain with AI

"SpaceX and Tesla CEO Elon Musk is backing a brain-computer interface venture called Neuralink, according to The Wall Street Journal. The company, which is still in the earliest stages of existence and has no public presence whatsoever, is centered on creating devices that can be implanted in the human brain, with the eventual purpose of helping human beings merge with software and keep pace with advancements in artificial intelligence. These enhancements could improve memory or allow for more direct interfacing with computing devices."

http://www.theverge.com/2017/3/27/15...ace-ai-cyborgs

First they admitted in the news about Head Transplants (which were obviously tested on monkeys before any human trials took place), but now THIS!

what do you think the world will be without mystery? i mean like say science got so advanced where it could 'scientifically disprove' things like God, ghosts, supernatural etc

i mean you might not be into that stuff but without anything like that
    it would suck imo

but yeah people think it'd be super cool to close their eyes and surf the web

or maybe have a HUD (Heads Up Display) in their normal vision so when you look at something a menu pops up and they can see a list of things like the name of what it is and 'search for something like this on Google'

these faggots think thats ill

An alien would laugh if they entered an Airplane cockpit with those thousands of buttons and levers everywhere
    Last edited by Clozaril; 03-28-2017 at 09:51 AM.

I feel like he's wasting his time. Even if achieved..what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Clozaril View Post
    "SpaceX and Tesla CEO Elon Musk is backing a brain-computer interface venture called Neuralink, according to The Wall Street Journal. The company, which is still in the earliest stages of existence and has no public presence whatsoever, is centered on creating devices that can be implanted in the human brain, with the eventual purpose of helping human beings merge with software and keep pace with advancements in artificial intelligence. These enhancements could improve memory or allow for more direct interfacing with computing devices."

http://www.theverge.com/2017/3/27/15...ace-ai-cyborgs

First they admitted in the news about Head Transplants (which were obviously tested on monkeys before any human trials took place), but now THIS!

what do you think the world will be without mystery? i mean like say science got so advanced where it could 'scientifically disprove' things like God, ghosts, supernatural etc

i mean you might not be into that stuff but without anything like that
    it would suck imo

but yeah people think it'd be super cool to close their eyes and surf the web

or maybe have a HUD (Heads Up Display) in their normal vision so when you look at something a menu pops up and they can see a list of things like the name of what it is and 'search for something like this on Google'

these faggots think thats ill

An alien would laugh if they entered an Airplane cockpit with those thousands of buttons and levers everywhere
    Do you know mantis style?
    Retired.

my post disappeared?

Some people don't believe in GOD and have all sorts of reasons why not to, but the real question is isn't it much better to believe that there is a Creator and there is so much more to experience in the future compared to what the Scientist/Governments want us to think?

I think the same about the Afterlife, like sure we don't know, but why not think big, why just downplay things because thats the common accepted standard?

If the Aliens came down to Earth, they'd be mostly interested in Hip-Hop and not some dumb shit like Barack Obama or the Queen of England

One day i was thinking, you know like how it is said that the Left Brain is Logic, Language etc and the Right Brain is Creative, Holistic Thinking etc etc..

So if left brain is language and right is creative then what is poetry? Is it maybe a collaboration between both hemispheres?

This then got me to think about how words are stored in the brain.

So to think about this, i would ask someone some questions where you answer each question with the first word that pops into your head and there is no right or wrong answer.

So if i said say a long word you might respond with 'simultaneous'

If i said pick a short word you could say 'run'

or a word that begins with R, so 'Renegade'

or a word to describe something that is red, so 'Ferrari'

or how about a word that rhymes with 'ill', you'd say 'skill'