Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KENDRICK LAMAR - New singles

Default KENDRICK LAMAR - New singles

crazy, love the beat switch and the different flows

YEP!

lyric game is STRONG but i think this is a feature

This is a featurin from Thundercat's album but still dope, still 2017
    Last edited by claaa7; 04-02-2017 at 06:47 PM.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

nada ignorante

Kendrick is aight his voice gets annoying after some time, so Id rather listen to Quasimoto instead the production is 10x better. Plus I think Kendrick is the most overrated rapper of all time.
    N.I.

Peace CT

Yeah agree with u pretty much Hotnikks. It's difficult for me to get through an entire album because of his voice. Is he good? Sure. Is he overrated? 100% yes. If he was a 90s guy he would just be in he middle of the pack. But since rappers suck so bad now a days, he gets handed the throne. Is what it is. Peace
    Last edited by josborne3680; 05-10-2017 at 10:58 PM.

That Humble song is garbage. Worst shit K Dot has ever put out in my opinion.

Fearless Vampire Killer UNCLE RUCKUS's Avatar

New album is fire

nada ignorante

listened to the album the other day I dunno what the big deal is? Sound average as fuck to me.
    N.I.

Shaolin Master

Yeah I don't understand this dudes appeal. I mean, he can flow and has pretty good subject matter, but the beats are weak as fuck and my god his voice is grating. Like guru said, a lot of rappers have flavor and some have skill, but if their voice ain't dope, then you need to chill. That sums up Eminem and Kendrick to a t. I gave the album 4 spins, and there isn't one song that I listened to that I didn't skip half way through. It's the same with all of his albums.

Em also has trash subject matter. Big Sean called out Kendrick on No More Interviews. He said something about rappers that rap fast but when you slow it down they're just average or something like that. I've never seen anyone use a kendrick quote anywhere. I respect how serious he takes his craft and how serious everyone gets about hip hop when he comes out but he hides behind rudimentary MC tricks (multis, speeding up etc)

only feeling the last track Duckworth. produced by 9th Wonder

Dope album. I think I like it more than his other 2 studio LPs. I guess hes overrated but whatever this is a great listen anyway.

how the hell does Kendrick have trash subject matter and a wack voice? he's one of very few artists right now that makes great thought-provoking shit, dares to experiment and push boundaries to help evolve hip hop as an art form and the kid got bars and verses for days.. to me "To Pimp a Butterfly" is his real masterpiece, i've listened to it many times by now and every time i let it play through and really get down with it i'm convinced that this is a hip-hop milestone in the way of an album that only comes about every once in a while - like "36 Chambers", "The Chronic", "Aquemini", "The Fix".

so it was cool to see that he once again went left and didn't cater to expectations by dropping "TPAB 2", just like that album threw a lot of people off at first due to it being so different from "Good Kidd".. the production here is much more stripped down, but still fucking knocks. it's all about a dope beat and a dope rhyme this time, and besides one track i fuck with this one heavy.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

album is fire, nearly every person who didn't like it at some point said something along the lines of 'listened to it once'.

nada ignorante

Quote Originally Posted by josborne3680 View Post
    Yeah agree with u pretty much Hotnikks. It's difficult for me to get through an entire album because of his voice. Is he good? Sure. Is he overrated? 100% yes. If he was a 90s guy he would just be in he middle of the pack. But since rappers suck so bad now a days, he gets handed the throne. Is what it is. Peace
    yeah you right. Everything thats mainstream rap is garbage nowadays so people call Kendrick king and say his albums are classic LOL
    N.I.

Peace CT

Album did grow on me but there are still like 3-4 cringe worthy tracks. Peace

lamar confirmed that the album was meant to be played in reverse order
    http://www.nme.com/news/music/kendri...everse-2128682