Thread: anyone seen The Blastmaster KRS-One live recently?

Default anyone seen The Blastmaster KRS-One live recently?

On Wednesday i'm finally going to see one of my favorite artists and true hip-hop legends, KRS-One.. at this point he is one of a very select few that i haven't seen rocked a stage before and i'm super hyped. after this i really don't need to see that many hip-hop shows again, i've seen most of the greats that are still alive. many of them like Wu-Tang Clan and Pharoahe Monch several times.

in your experience how was KRS-One? Did he live up to his reputation as one of the great performers? What type of records did he do?

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Your fav. artist's artist fatboybrandon's Avatar

Never seen a live performance of KRS in the flesh, just on TV through the years and now online. I'm sure most people whether or not they've seen him in person would say he's one of the best to perform live, though I wonder if he receives a mixed reaction nowadays due to the statement he made about Bam.

I remember one time during the late 90's I was walking on Broadway by NYU college in NYC's East Village toward the Tower Records location where L.L. Cool J shot parts of his video for I Need Love and when I turned my head left to look across the street it just so happened that KRS was right there walking my same direction. That's the only time I've seen The Blastmaster live.

Shaolin Student

I have seen him in Berlin couple of weeks ago. That concert was one of the best hip hop performances I have been so far. He seemed to freestyle a lot and communicate with the crowd. I was high as fuck though but, damn, he was full of energy. He never lost it.

^ i have to agree, definitely one of the best performers i've seen.. amazing crowd communication, he stopped the beat a lot to make sure the crowd would catch his every word when he freestyled and in general there was just a great atmosphere being created between him and us in that room.. sometimes hip-hop concerts have a very macho type of vibe going where you just might get into it, but here it felt like nothing but love between everybody.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Fearless Vampire Killer UNCLE RUCKUS's Avatar

We performed with him last year he was still excellent

Old School

Glad you enjoyed! I saw KRS live in 1995. He headlined a concert at The Theatre at MSG...it must've been a Hot 97 event. I don't recall a single performance from that show except his...KRS-One brought the house down. He was unbelievable. He closed with "Ah-yeah," and had people going so crazy that I wasn't sure I was making it out of the venue without a catching a beatdown!

Not a big fan, but would love 2 see him live. Nothing like a great Hip Hop show.