Just finished the audiobook for Outliers. His perspectives are dope and effectively shift your thinking if you didn't already think like he does.

If you don't know, Outliers is about how successful people aren't really products of personal effort but of the circumstance of their life, people around them, and what they're exposed to. He broke it down mathematically and pointed out that start athlete typically have a birthday in the first quarter of the year and why. Tech moguls are typically in their early fifties and why etc etc.

I did an experiment based on his conclusions and looked at the most successful people in hip hop. Turns out that of the top five, i think three or four were forty-seven or forty-eight years old. Then I check out why and saw that they would have been ten years old at the height of the crack epidemic, which was the primary source of early funding and support in hip hop. Meaning they would have been teenagers in the late eighties and there would have been established dealers around them. That means hip hop would have been a more open playing field because it's new enough while funding was easily available. Diddy, Master P, Rza, Jay Z, a shit ton of them are that age and cite that as being how they got the moneyy to do what they did. They would have came in right on time to catch hip hop go global in the 90s, hit peak record sales in the early 00s, then fizzle out moneywise now where they already have the lead.

Shit is a trip, check out the book