Thread: Get Out

Default Get Out

idk how there isn't a thread for this movie yet (unless I missed it). Its on amazon fire stick in dvd quality right now and I gotta say it lived up to the hype, excellent movie. For as long as it is the pacing was great too, not a boring part in there.

edit
    Last edited by communist cunt; 05-11-2017 at 10:24 AM.

I rarely make it out to the theater....but now that you mention it this might be one of the ONLY films where audience interaction probably wouldnt annoy me

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

I thought it was overrated. Saw it at the theater.

Meet the blacks was stupid af but hilarious imo. Shit had me dying. I'm a fan of Mike Epps though and I know some cats think he's weak
    We do it for the people.

Henry Da Eraserhead ShogunAssassin36's Avatar

Thought it was both hilarious and thought-provoking at the same time. A moment of fresh breath in the otherwise tired horror genre.

agreed. I generally hate all horror films because they're all predictable and not scary with weak plots, this at least had entertainment value

Loved it. Maybe it was a bit predictable in spots but the atmosphere was ace throughout and I like how this was a horror movie that provided some comment on how society deals with racial tensions
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 10-13-2017 at 09:56 PM.
    Retired.

At the outset I thought it was just going to be a horror with a white supremacy cult but its got more going on than that. Great concept, and the 'passengers' occasionally breaking through the void was creepy and sad as a muh. Very entertaining.

does anything happen in this? i watched almost an hour and am falling asleep. the only thing i'm creeped out by so far is that main chick's haircut with bangs, hideous i tell you.

i think they should have made the movie a little longer. once it got more into the explanation, it went by too fast. i thought they might go with the very predictible and tiring ending when the vehicle pullled up, but at least they didn't do that. if you want to watch a better movie that's also in the horror/comedy category, see Motel Hell.

all in all and in respect to charles jones.. i'll give it 2 1/2 spaghettios cans out of four