Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Raekwon Ranks All His Albums

nada ignorante

I will never understand the hate Immobilarity and BPW gets.
    N.I.

Quote Originally Posted by hotnikks View Post
    I will never understand the hate Immobilarity and BPW gets.
    it's mostly in the time they came out, we were flooded with immaculate classics and Raekwon was about to follow up perhaps the greatest debut in hip hop. "Immobilarity" is good but in that context it's definitely underwhelming.. his flow, rhyme schemes and writtens are off the hook throughout though and all of the Infinite Arkatectz beats are killers - not to mention the Carlos Broady and Pete Rock. unfortunately some of that shit sounds straigh AMATEUR.. how the hell is an established platinum selling artist in that day and age hear something as basic and downright embarassing as the "Fuck Them" beat and not only decided to rhyme over it but feels it's a stand out track and need a Meth feature.. it's like WOW! i was one of the few cats who really championed "Immobilarity" when it dropped though.

"Lex Diamond Story" is another story though, i could never get into that one at all.. that and "FILA" is at the bottom for me.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

oh and "Bulletproof Wallets", as many here know there's a great album hidden within that mess that Sony wound up releasing.. the Botched Wallets let's call it.
    thankfully we have guys on here that researched that shit to see what Ghost really had planned on releasing. banger!!

that's not to say that everything about BPW was perfect, Sony fuck-up or not.. there were some corny tracks on there either way. "Ghost Showers" was a really lame attempt at cashing in on the "CherChez La Ghost" joint without the lightning in the bottle.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

nada ignorante

Yeah Lex Diamond and Fila is his worst
    N.I.

Immobilarity is nuts

Yae Yo
    Sneakers
    Casablanca
    REAL LIFE
    The Table
    Jury
    All That I Got is You II

And rhyme wise he was hungriest on that one. It's crazy how low people rank it.

Live from NY was my fav track on there

all those joints you mentioned were good. My Favorite Dread too

all of the other joints had godawful beats tho

there's a great EP in Immobilarity. But as an album ... nah
    Retired.

Veteran Member

Its been a few years...I probably need to listen to Immobilarity again. I just remember it being disappointing to me...

nada ignorante

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopjunky View Post
    Its been a few years...I probably need to listen to Immobilarity again. I just remember it being disappointing to me...
    If you wasnt feeling it back then you prolly wont change your mind now.
    N.I.

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    Immobilarity is nuts

Yae Yo
    Sneakers
    Casablanca
    REAL LIFE
    The Table
    Jury
    All That I Got is You II

And rhyme wise he was hungriest on that one. It's crazy how low people rank it.
    And delivery wise. From what I've heard he hasn't been as aggressive and animated since. I never had any qualms with the album. Have always really liked it. I'd take this album over all of ghost's post SC albums combined.

Immobilarity was the worst Raekwon album ever put out to date. No matter what you look at to rank an album its dead last in all categories. there is nothing positive that can be said about the album. anyone saying anything positive about it is delusional. sorry but thats just how it is, and its 100% fact. the album is unlistenable and wack as fuck.

Following up from CL and distancing himself from Wu on this one was a major L though I don't blame him cause RZA was trying to get everyone's money. But as an album this stands alone are great. Some of Raekwon's career bests are on the album. Rae is twenty percent of CL so I don't count those as much.

I forgot Friday, Heart to Heart, and Live from NY. It's not a classic but it's a great album.

I also think the album is a case of being created in a vacuum. All classic albums are group efforts, and you can tell when it's an one artist's brainchild.

Noel, I actually think you have a point about the post SC. Though I'd say Pretty Toney is better (also don't know why that album gets overlooked)
    Kunta Fly Shit
    Biscuits
    It's Over
    Metal Lungies
    Run
    Holla
    Be This Way
    Beat the Clock
    Last Night

only gay song on the album was Tush. Love is cool if you're into that kinda thing

Also , I blasphmed when it came out but Fishcale is also better than Immobilarity. It's just all over the place but I have a strong feeling that's Def Jam's fault

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    Also , I blasphmed when it came out but Fishcale is also better than Immobilarity. It's just all over the place but I have a strong feeling that's Def Jam's fault
    every album is better than immobilarity, every single fucking one of them...and for anyone to even surmise that immobilarity is better than any of ghostfaces albums is also pure lunacy

nada ignorante

Quote Originally Posted by Brolic Child View Post
    every album is better than immobilarity, every single fucking one of them...and for anyone to even surmise that immobilarity is better than any of ghostfaces albums is also pure lunacy
    You might as well say this album is better than Immobilarity too

Faggot
    N.I.